Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time of the year when you cant do anything but fight the cold and the snow here in wv. I decided back in october to give the ol sv a revamping once again. New paint, powdercoating, chain and sprockets, fork oil, and misc other stuff i cant think of right now. here are some before pics and ill post a photoshop rendering of what im goin for. we shall see how many things i change between now and then. i already have it 80% stripped down, waiting on some help to pull the motor.

here is a photoshop for what im goin for. any comments are appreciated.

· Registered
3,013 Posts
waiting on some help to pull the motor.
To remove the motor I took off the front end and back wheel so the engine was on the ground, I removed all the engine mounting bolts and lifted the frame off the engine.
It was easy.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To remove the motor I took off the front end and back wheel so the engine was on the ground, I removed all the engine mounting bolts and lifted the frame off the engine.
It was easy.
Well i pulled the motor today with my buddy. We had the front wheel on the ground and had the back up on a stand. put a jack under the motor and lowerd it down nice and easy like. Wasnt too bad but def wouldnt wanna do it by myself. Also got the whole front end tore apart. made some sockets for the swingarm, so its off and stripped. everthing is ready for powdercoat. was having problems with the stearing stem. did a quick search on here when i got home to figure out i was doing it wrong, and need to get my socket replace from snap-on on thursday to take out the ignition switch. Then i can kiss everything silver bye bye.

this is after we go the motor out and before we pulled the front end and the swinger.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kinda of hard to tell, are you going for orange or yellow? Either way its going to look sick!
The exact color im using is called tangelo peral from house of kolor. PBC32 is the color number if you wanna look it up. here are a few examples.

i think it should look pretty sweet with all black hardware, and orange wheels with polished lip and a black reflective pinstripe to separate.

· Registered
3,996 Posts
Color and photoshop look great. My one suggestion would be that it may be too much orange. I'd consider going with a black belly pan and black rad side covers, OR keeping the belly pan orange and going with black (maybe even white) wheels. Either way I say keep the rad covers black because they're in no man's land on the bike and draw attention from the other big pieces of orange that people should be focusing on.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Color and photoshop look great. My one suggestion would be that it may be too much orange. I'd consider going with a black belly pan and black rad side covers, OR keeping the belly pan orange and going with black (maybe even white) wheels. Either way I say keep the rad covers black because they're in no man's land on the bike and draw attention from the other big pieces of orange that people should be focusing on.
im feelin ya on the rad. guards, i think they are staying black. i think im gonna leave the belly pan orange cause i think it makes the bike look a lil bigger. and i think im doin orange spokes on the wheels with a reflective black 1/4 pin separating the orange and bare aluminum lip.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
worked on the bike a little bit the other day. got everything ready for powder coat, tore the forks apart, finished the body work on the tank and got it ready for primer

reference pic for me to remember how to put these suckers back together, new fluid seals and fluid seal clips ordered.

all the goodies ready for some black powder coat

some body work pics of the tank

im off of work tomorrow for the holiday but im goin in anyway to work on the bike. i think im gonna either finish all the body work and sanding so i can paint when it comes in. and possibly strip the wheels down for some aircraft stripper paint and polish.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
worked on the bike a little more today since i had the day off from work. Got the tank all primed up with 3 coats of dupont high build primer along with some spot priming on the fender from where my horn rattled loose and felt on it while riding. once sanded it will be ready for some white sealer.

also got all the other parts sanded and ready for white sealer

got the engine stripped down of wires and hoses so i can de-grease, change some gaskets, and get it painted black.

wheels were also disassembled, taking them up to the bike shop tom. to get the tires taken off and get my gaskets ordered. the paint was ordered last night as well.

· Registered
937 Posts
engines already black, thats a good portion squared away right from the start. i think its a tasteful mod your lookin into. quick way to flash the bike up without adding much really.

i'd like to know more about the spiderwebs on ur seat cause i am actually wanting to get some stitching done maybe my name or something.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.