Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i got ur attention now. :p

ive started a thread about this b4 but never really got enough info.
I want to street fighter my k4svs!!! plz, tell me which parts to get and WHERE to get them!! :eek:
if any of you naked wana trade up some stuff let me know!

thanks in advance ;D

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't know if this is what you are wanting but here is mine..

The dual headlights are from busters accessories in the UK
Clip on's and rear sets are Woodcraft
Exhaust is holeshot
FE is Competition Werkes
Tail Light is Clear Alternatives
Guage bracket mod is DIY

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
DON"T STREET FIGHT IT!!!! damn whats with every one going to a street fighter style now. back off our territory or there's gonna be a street fight alright. OK I'm done. any way. best way to street fight your bike is to low side it at about 40mph then take off every thing that gets broken and either replace it with some thing more durable or some thing smaller.

try this web site for parts i found their prices reasonable even though they are based in the UK they are still cheap for most stuff.
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/ just do me one favor don't copy any ones bike. the point of street fighting is its supposed to be yours. modify it the way you want it. mix and match parts from other bikes. paint stuff different. powder coat things. a good resource for ideas would be street fighter magazine. you can find it at Barnes and noble and tower records it is expensive i usually pay 8 bux for it but its the only street fighter specific mag I've found. this is the link to their web site they have some pics of bikes but they also have links to other sites http://www.streetfightersmag.com

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
oh one other thing street fighters have bars not clip-ons. if it has clip-ons its a want to e cafe racer (no offense).

·
Registered
117 Posts
As to the painting etc. I have an honest question. I have a silver '03 1kn. I am toying with the idea of powdercoating the frame and wheels black and anodizing them to get a black chrome look. then doing a sating black snakskin paint scheme over the silver (so the silver would essentially become the edges of the scales) I really like snakes (owned a few, and have 2 snake tats). My concern is that this could either look truly sick, or completely cheesy as a finished product, thoughts? My buddy does the paint for cost of product so I could always repaint it I guess, but the black chrome look is harder to remove.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i know that powder coating the frame and wheels is awsome (i have an 05 so mine are already black) not so sure about anodizing the frame but the forks would look cool anodized (thats what i'm doing to mine when i send them to sv race shop) and painting is up to your tastes the whole idea of a street fighter is to modify the bike so its the way you want it to look. i think the snake skin idea would look nice if done well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i guess my fear is that it will look bling, rather than stealthy and mean. guess I'll have to see what it looks like. Biggest problem, is there is no winter here so i have to just be willing to climb back in my cage for a month.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
DaBuddha66 said:
i guess my fear is that it will look bling, rather than stealthy and mean.  guess I'll have to see what it looks like.  Biggest problem, is there is no winter here so i have to just be willing to climb back in my cage for a month.
yah that sux the one thing i like about N.Y. is the winter keeps me off the bike long enough to work on it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Northwind said:
Anyone who thinks they can dictate what is and isn't a streetfighter, has no idea what a streetfighter is :)
hey I'll dictate all i want!!!! just cuz i dictate doesn't mean they have to listen..... until i take over the world. :p

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
algreen said:
B.a.?

wha part of NY are you in? DO you ever go to the Tuesday night gatherings at the Ear Bar in the City?
was originally from rockland county but now i split my time between clifton new jersey and the catskills.  plus i'm only 19 no point in going to a bar for me :-\

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
algreen said:
Clifton huh? My brother (and my garage) are in Glen RIdge. We should ride some time.
fo shizzle!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts