Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

n00b needs some help

888 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  eternity7602 
#1 ·
Have a 2006 Sv650s and i want to put a full exhaust on it... i am a little turned off to the side exhaust and i would like to hide the exhaust as much as possible under the rear seat without sacrificing the foot pegs for the passenger or having to cut and weld stuff...anyone have a particular exhaust they know of that works well? Performance is not as important as the location and the appearance...

Also i'm still trying to decided if i want the full front lower fairing or if i just want the chin spoiler/fairing...any disadvantages or advantages to getting either one other than visual appearance?

The bike currently has some rubber handles on it that i would like to change out because i think they look a little dirt bike or 'big wheels'-ish...anyone have a handle/throttle grip they prefer or like?

FYI:
This bike will not be tracked but only used for commuting and the frequent joy ride :)

Thanks for helping a n00b ;D

#2 ·
I'm all for lower fairings on the S and that's why they're on my '03. I don't think there are really any advantages or disadvantages to having them other than aesthetic value.

I favor ProGrips (the ones with little chili peppers) for the time being as far as grips go. There's a lot to choose from, however. Being a pretty cheap item, I'd keep trying different ones till you get it figured out.

#3 ·
undertail exhaust is a task easier said than done. some have failed and others succeeded (nudist, jpl_sv, tlr709). you will have to cut & weld, you will have to fabricate your own exhaust routing. to my recollection, for the 2nd gens, they used a 03 subframe and modified the battery tray to fit an undertail exhaust. but the exhaust is still routed outside the swingarm.

as for the grips, i was in the market for some grips until i wrecked....but that's another story....

check these grips out:
http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/pro...id=84&osCsid=580ea6aff14ba187234cdc597cbf398c

#4 ·
i personally just switched to full fairing because i mostly drive highway or country and the wind gets annoying after so long of mandatory travel. to each their own though.

also, on the exhasut... i personally like the look of the ixil dual undertail. i have heard a sound clip and loved it. the only reason i did not go to that unit is because my headers turned out to be unscathed so i just replaced my midpipe and can for the yoshi system i had. most full systems will cost you around 6 or 700, the dual undertail ixils are 750.

#5 ·
The Undertail exhaust has said to be a problem with riders. When riding the exhaust comes out in the area RIGHT behind the rider, there is a suction there that brings it up back to the rider so you are constantly breathing exhaust. Alot of riders with undertail exhaust complain of headaches after 1 hr. of riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.