Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or hell, anyone coming from the great state of GA.

I'm a rally noob. I really want to go this year, but have yet to secure a place to crash, or make any solid plans.

Soooo, my questions are below. Maybe we can put together a few people to ride up with, maybe we can put together some spare couches with people who need a place to crash.

- Are you going?
- When are you leaving?
- Do you have a place to stay yet?
- Where?
- Do you need a roommate/ have extra space?
- How long do you plan to stay?

I should mention that I don't have a place to stay yet. I'm a younger guy, don't smoke, got no pets or S.Os to deal with... and am pretty durn easy going, so I'd probably make a fine roommate for anyone.

Spread the word, people!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm most likely attend. I'll be watching this thread. Heck - even if I am the only one who goes I don't care. Hopefully others see this and post to it. I do need to check the dates for sure though as my car buddies were also planning something around June time-frame If my memory serves me right (it never does)

·
Registered
585 Posts
- Are you going? YES
- When are you leaving? FRIDAY
- Do you have a place to stay yet? NOP
- Where? DONT KNOW YET
- Do you need a roommate/ have extra space? IF SHE has some good legs
- How long do you plan to stay? One night only

I was planing not to stay on Fontana Village, just a couple miles away from there but I have not made any reservations .

Any suggestions on where to stay?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
- Are you going? Yes. Rally veteran of all five previous years.
- When are you leaving? Thursday 6/4.
- Do you have a place to stay yet? Yep.
- Where? The Inn at Fontana Village.
- Do you need a roommate/ have extra space? Already have a roommate. Three would be a bit crowded in an Inn room.
- How long do you plan to stay? Arrive Thursday evening. Depart Sunday afternoon.

There should still be rooms available at the Inn. Not to bad expensive if you split room cost with someone.

Anybody that would like to ride up Thursday PM with Giroux and I are welcome. We will be taking a yet to be determined scenic route.

GO ! ! ! You will have a great time ! ! !

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I'm going, just not sure of details yet. Either go up Friday night and bum some floor space from someone for the neight or ride up Sat for the day.

Check out Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville if you need a place to stay other than Fontana. Great place :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im going and think it would be great to get a group from GA to ride together. I also have no particular plans yet. Maybe all that want to go from ga should swap numbers and get a game plan going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heading up there on Thursday with Motodog. I'm all for getting a group of North Georgians together for the ride up.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent.

Thanks for the responses. Anyone know the full name of the Inn at the village? I want to start looking into rooms.

·
Registered
421 Posts
- Are you going? Kinda want to but dont have any plans as of yet.
- When are you leaving? if i went i would probably head up on Friday and come back sunday
- Do you have a place to stay yet? Negative.
- Do you need a roommate/ have extra space? Would need a roomate
- How long do you plan to stay? prolly 2 days

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All, there are a few rooms left at the SVR rate of $99/ night. These are 2 queen beds. I'm pretty ready to pull the trigger on one of these if I get at least one person to split the cost.

So far I'm planning on booking for Friday and Saturday night. If I do this, I'll ride from ATL to Blue Ridge GA (north of Ellijay) Thursday after work and crash at my parents. This way I'm already in the mountains early Friday morning. If people wanna meet me up there, that'd be awesome (unfortunately I can't offer up my parents place on Thursday). We could leave Friday morning and hit some good roads, check in and dump our stuff, then ride some more / meet SV-havers / make grocery runs, whatever.

If people were down, $198 split 2-4 ways ain't bad.

So far the ATL people that expressed legit interest are Promazda, SVRocket, and Purestfeeling. If 4 dudes don't mind sharing 2 queen beds, that's $50/person for 2 nights. There's also the option of the floor if you're uncomfortable sleeping next to a stranger or something.

Thanks guys, let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Hey, all. I'm riding up from South Florida, staying in Charlotte, NC the week before the Rally, as well as the day after.

I'm planning on taking the Fla Turnpike for the S. Fla. to/from Orlando leg, then trying to avoid the interstates for at least some of the remainder. If any of you Georgia peeps know of some good North-South roads that will take me between Orlando and Charlotte, let me know.

Hope to see y'all there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
- Are you going?
Y - just like the previous four years

- When are you leaving?
Not soon enough - be there on Wed. morning

- Do you have a place to stay yet?
Have since Sept 08

- Where?
Base camp

- Do you need a roommate/ have extra space?
Grass work?

- How long do you plan to stay?
Mid-day Sun

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I haven't seen this in awhile. So I'll update.

Me, promazda, svrocket, and one other are gonna arrive Friday morning and stay in the lodge.

See everyone there.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Im going and think it would be great to get a group from GA to ride together. I also have no particular plans yet. Maybe all that want to go from ga should swap numbers and get a game plan going.
We'll try and hook up Friday night at the Meat & Greet and plan out a ride for Saturday...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts