Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on selling my SV this year and "upgrading" to a Daytona 675 or a GSX-R750. I decided to take the money I was going to use to make such an upgrade and put it into my house instead. Now, if you want to tell me that it was such a "mature" decision and all that.. you might as well save your breath - it was a VERY hard decision cause that Daytona is soooooo sexy! lol

Anyway, I decided to spend some money on my wee SV. I still want to work on the suspension (hopefully before the rally), figure out different front signals (anyone have a writeup on how to install 06+ gixxer mirrors/signals?), and maybe a new seat.. other than those few items, I pretty much have the bike how I want it..

The first mod I did was to remove that **** shovel! I put a cheaper version of the hotbodies undertail on... I love it!. Also, its pretty **** bright so I'm not too worried about it being visible. And I know i need to adjust the plate mount some!

I also installed the factory lower fairing.

And I got rid of the giant monstrosity known as the stock can! The M4 Carbon Fiber can I installed sounds wonderful! So much better than my de-silenced stocker.

Gotta love the Zero Gravity windscreen.

Mods so far:
Motosliders for Lower Fairing
Undertail with installed turn signals
Zero Gravity Dark Smoke windscreen
Factory Lower Fairing
M4 standard mount slip-on Carbon Fiber muffler
Factory rear seat cowl

Plus, today I learned I LOVE the Honda polish!

Comments are welcome :)

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
awesome looking bike! very impressed by it! that blue with a good photographer looks magnificent! how do you like your CF m4?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you very much :)

The M4 sounds great. I was thinking it was gonna be louder, but dont get me wrong - it IS loud. I was just used to the stocker with the silencer taken out, so it wasn't as large of a leap. It pretty much a perfect can for me - the CF looks great, the can sounds wonderful, and it wasn't too pricey. The tone is also amazing, a LOT deeper than the de-silenced stocker.

I was kinda excited to get a Daytona, but I do love my SV.

I just need to get new springs, emulators, fork oil, and a replacement for the rear pogo stick (prolly a ZX-6R shock off ebay)... good god the stock suspension blows

1 - 5 of 5 Posts