Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My throttle lock / cruise control arrived to day.
Most my bikes have had one of some description but this is the most solid piece I have had.
Because I'm an old fart with carpel tunnel and 2 trigger fingers on my right hand this type of thing is needed even on a 1/2 hr ride.
I don't use it as a cruise control just a few seconds here and there to give my hand a shake and flex.
This one is quite heavy not plastic and appears to have a very positive push button action.
Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it the upper, or lower, version? I've been looking at the Atlas lock for a while, just have never went ahead and upped the $$ for one.
Its a upper. From china, 1/3price of atlas but they appear exactly the same except the atlas has what looks like a metal laser printed cover with their trade mark. I can't express just how good this looks compared to all others I have had. The last one I had was the visa and it is not nearly as good quality.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even the top brands are often made in china I wouldn't be surprised the affixing a laser printer cover is the only non china part you have paid for. My mum never bought anything made in Japan till the 80s because of losing loved ones in the 2nd world war. After the war they made a lot of rubbish but are now well respected.
In Australia product range is limited but I have owned three such devices before this one and this seems a quality item at a realistic price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts