Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Eh, so they develop a product and we all just send money to China for cheap copies... We're selling our souls to them and literally handing over control of the planet.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Right, that's what I meant exactly. Buy the original. I bet if Atlas wanted to have their product manufactured there, they either had to hand over their design, or had it stolen. Now China is threatening to shoot down the plane carrying the US Speaker of the House if she dares land in an independent nation. How insane is that. One would have figured after Covid II, the whole world would have abandoned that nation.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Even the top brands are often made in china I wouldn't be surprised the affixing a laser printer cover is the only non china part you have paid for. My mum never bought anything made in Japan till the 80s because of losing loved ones in the 2nd world war. After the war they made a lot of rubbish but are now well respected.
In Australia product range is limited but I have owned three such devices before this one and this seems a quality item at a realistic price.
Not really the point.

No issue with DJI driving the market for drones. What I am talking about is outright theft of an original design. Most stuff may be manufactured in China - many companies have no choice - but we shouldn't be rewarding theft of someone else's idea, years of design, patent applications, mortgaging their house to get a product off the ground just to have it copied. Go look into what it takes and what many entrepreneurs had to put up to get a product off the ground.

Have some morals. Have respect for yourself. If you can't afford the original, then wait until you can. You're literally selling your soul to China. You're literally making yourself homeless by enriching thieves who then come to your neighborhood and buy up all your property, driving up your prices, and driving you out into crappy areas. Enjoy that trinket while you move down the socioeconomic ladder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts