Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My throttle lock / cruise control arrived to day.
Most my bikes have had one of some description but this is the most solid piece I have had.
Because I'm an old fart with carpel tunnel and 2 trigger fingers on my right hand this type of thing is needed even on a 1/2 hr ride.
I don't use it as a cruise control just a few seconds here and there to give my hand a shake and flex.
This one is quite heavy not plastic and appears to have a very positive push button action.
Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
603 Posts
Got the Atlas throttle lock for my SV last year.
I don't use it on daily rides, but it has made those multi- days 1500+ Km rides much more comfortable, especially when riding on motorways/freeways.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I've used these for years,

Vista Cruise control. Again like OP I tend to use it to rest my throttle hand when needed as I suffer from VWF ( Industrial Vibration White Finger ) and bad right shoulder so am sensitive to vibrations that can cause fatigue and pain.

This is also why I keep my Throttle bodies checked and synced on a regular basis as per this link,

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
My throttle lock / cruise control arrived to day.
Most my bikes have had one of some description but this is the most solid piece I have had.
Because I'm an old fart with carpel tunnel and 2 trigger fingers on my right hand this type of thing is needed even on a 1/2 hr ride.
I don't use it as a cruise control just a few seconds here and there to give my hand a shake and flex.
This one is quite heavy not plastic and appears to have a very positive push button action.
View attachment 62103
Is it the upper, or lower, version? I've been looking at the Atlas lock for a while, just have never went ahead and upped the $$ for one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it the upper, or lower, version? I've been looking at the Atlas lock for a while, just have never went ahead and upped the $$ for one.
Its a upper. From china, 1/3price of atlas but they appear exactly the same except the atlas has what looks like a metal laser printed cover with their trade mark. I can't express just how good this looks compared to all others I have had. The last one I had was the visa and it is not nearly as good quality.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Eh, so they develop a product and we all just send money to China for cheap copies... We're selling our souls to them and literally handing over control of the planet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not everyone sends money to China, I enjoy the Atlas product on my SV. Goes with the philosophy of shopping local, if we don't there won't be a local nor development of new products.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Right, that's what I meant exactly. Buy the original. I bet if Atlas wanted to have their product manufactured there, they either had to hand over their design, or had it stolen. Now China is threatening to shoot down the plane carrying the US Speaker of the House if she dares land in an independent nation. How insane is that. One would have figured after Covid II, the whole world would have abandoned that nation.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even the top brands are often made in china I wouldn't be surprised the affixing a laser printer cover is the only non china part you have paid for. My mum never bought anything made in Japan till the 80s because of losing loved ones in the 2nd world war. After the war they made a lot of rubbish but are now well respected.
In Australia product range is limited but I have owned three such devices before this one and this seems a quality item at a realistic price.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Even the top brands are often made in china...
True. Whether you like it or loathe it, it's hard to avoid. I just bought a new pair of racing gloves, Japanese brand called Taichi which make quality leather racing gear, 29,000 Yen ($217 USD), but still manufactured in China.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I always wanted to try one of these
Give the Vista a go,

If you like it you can always upgrade to a more expensive one if you want. I've got so used to mine that I would not like to have day-out rides without it. Even my Vista has lasted over 10 years now as I swapped it over from an older defunct bike when I got my SV650.

Tip: You don't have to prise the grips off if you carefully remove the small grub screw and wrap it round but do NOT lose the small spring as they won't work without them.

Reactions: gt alex

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Even the top brands are often made in china I wouldn't be surprised the affixing a laser printer cover is the only non china part you have paid for. My mum never bought anything made in Japan till the 80s because of losing loved ones in the 2nd world war. After the war they made a lot of rubbish but are now well respected.
In Australia product range is limited but I have owned three such devices before this one and this seems a quality item at a realistic price.
Not really the point.

No issue with DJI driving the market for drones. What I am talking about is outright theft of an original design. Most stuff may be manufactured in China - many companies have no choice - but we shouldn't be rewarding theft of someone else's idea, years of design, patent applications, mortgaging their house to get a product off the ground just to have it copied. Go look into what it takes and what many entrepreneurs had to put up to get a product off the ground.

Have some morals. Have respect for yourself. If you can't afford the original, then wait until you can. You're literally selling your soul to China. You're literally making yourself homeless by enriching thieves who then come to your neighborhood and buy up all your property, driving up your prices, and driving you out into crappy areas. Enjoy that trinket while you move down the socioeconomic ladder.

·
Registered
481 Posts
...Have some morals. Have respect for yourself. If you can't afford the original, then wait until you can. You're literally selling your soul to China. You're literally making yourself homeless by enriching thieves who then come to your neighborhood and buy up all your property, driving up your prices, and driving you out into crappy areas. Enjoy that trinket while you move down the socioeconomic ladder.
This is just very thinly disguised Asian bashing, no place for it on motorcycle forum or anywhere for that matter.
I believe throttle locks was the topic of conversation.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It is, and it isn’t. You would think differently if a member from China named ‘Kiway Rida’ started posting substandard advice on here, parroting your every post. 😉 Some are more bitter about it than others, but it IS a kick in the chops when a hard-working business owner patents a design, only to have it illegally copied and sold by those in another country, that can’t be touched, legally.

Then again, that’s the way it is! Global Economy…

But yeah, I have no problem with throttle locks, used correctly of course! 😉

1 - 19 of 19 Posts