Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what Im starting with, fresh off the meat wagon and ready for a frankenstein-ish resurrection. I haveta guess at mileage, but the rear tire was just replaced, so 5000-6000 miles maybe?

here is the worst looking pic, the front is completely mangled:

the back doesnt look so bad, mostly just plastics. the tank is thrashed, havent looked to see how much damage there is under anything yet. I have eyeballed the frame very closely and so far havent seen any damage. a couple scratches, but hey...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Re: My SV650 '04, pics-56k warning. not for the feint of heart...

:eek: are YOU OK??!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
123 Posts

How much you get it for?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

blacktape said:
:eek: are YOU OK??!?!?!?!?!
Hehe. Im fine, a little crazy maybe, but I didn't wreck that bike. the kid that did lived, but wasn't all there from what I hear.

I got it for 500 bucks. normal title, not salvage. its likely to cost me what its worth to fix it but no payment book, I own it from day one. its about the only way we working class poor can own new stuff. :p

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

OH...haha ok...thats cool 500 bucks...i bet its going to be a good project...

·
Registered
745 Posts

The only way to go with this is FIGHTER!!! ;D

Get a GSXR front end, one of those new GSXR swingarms from the race shop guys, polish everything, use a sweep up tail and a seat pad. Pure sex! ;)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

if the frame and engine are fine. That bike would make a killer race bike.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Wow, that is a roach! Look at how for down the bitch-bar is. I bet that thing was wheelied over.

·
Registered
836 Posts

Man, that thing is trashed. But if the frame and engine are solid, that is a pretty good deal. Keep us updated on the re-birth of it :D

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts

$500?!?!?!? You got a great deal!
I got my 2002 for $1,800 and the only difference was the forks were still good.

If you're not looking for perfection then just get some lightly rashed bodywork off Ebay for $cheap$... you should be able to make it decent for much less than $1,000.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts

donniej said:
$500?!?!?!? You got a great deal!
I got my 2002 for $1,800 and the only difference was the forks were still good. 

If you're not looking for perfection then just get some lightly rashed bodywork off Ebay for $cheap$... you should be able to make it decent for much less than $1,000.
I have parts he needs ;D Yellow too.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

okay- what happened as far as I can tell, and from the second hand stories Ive heard, he was riding on what I presume was a tar and chip road, although he said "gravel". an amish buggy pulled out in front of him, he overdid the binders and down he went. it looks like the bike slid to the side of the road and then tumbled a bit.there is dirt and grass stuffed in the front. when it came to our shop for an estimate they came up with 14000 dollars in the estimate, but they priced out EVERYTHING. apparently they didnt wanna fix this bike.

I will not be replacing things like scratched case covers, and will use a veypor unit in place of the stock speeder unless I find a good used one. Im looking at this point to get it rideable in stock form again, but I think 1000 bucks is optimistic. the tank, radiator and forks will probably set me back that much.

I will definitely keep pictures coming as it gets rehabbed, my hope one day is that you can't tell its ever been wrecked at all. nudist- Ill holler at ya on those parts soon, am trying to get funds freed up for parts as we speak.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Man that's what I need to make a race bike. My 04 is too damn pretty to crash at the track. ;)

$500 is a good deal if the frame is intact and you cant get it to start up. :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

street fight that B*TCH

·
Registered
52 Posts

Great deal!!! That should buff right out> ::)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Update- It is the best of times, it is the worst of times...

the good- there are alot more useable parts than first anticipated. Subframe looks straight except for where the grab rail attaches. Frame appears fine. no markings on the engine except for minor scuffs. oil cooler is unscathed.

the bad- the front end I got looks to need major modifications or incredible luck with bearings to work properly. the GSXR 600 solo tail I scored won't work to my satisfaction and is gonna go on ebay, hopefully pull enough to help with the proper solo tail. Tank and radiator are gonna be new items to get un-busticated parts unless I get lucky on ebay. I really don't want a pre dented tank, or a pre-bent radiator.

I am trying to use a 98 F3 front end, and the top steering bearing is an issue- if you have a fix for me please go to the mod forum.

so here are a few pics I snapped today, with the bike trussed up and alot of the busted parts off. Notice how the P.O. thought it was a good idea to use white lithium spray grease as an alternative to those expensive chain lubes, and the resulting condition of the back wheel... ugh.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Looks like an interesting project. Good luck with it man! Keep the updates coming...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You can't fit an F3 full front end on that bike. The only F3 mod I know of is the fork internals and the upper tubes (I think)

Do yourself a favor and get a late model GSX-R front end. Its a direct, no fuss bolt-on and you will love it! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts