Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just finished painting my sv and figured i would post up the pictures of its phases. i have never posted pictures before so i hope this works

this is how it looked when i first purchased it last year in the begining of march. picked it up for 2k with the nice dent on the side

close up of the dent

i fixed the dent with some bondo and proceded to paint a set of ghost flames onto the tank

close up of the fixed dent with ghost flames

this year i decided to change the color and go red with some silver stripes to tie the frame color into the body work, i used a rattle can and lots of sanding and this is proof that anybody can do a show quality job with crappy paint and enough patience.

let me know what you think

jeff

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! Gives me hope for my slowly-coming-along paint job.
Thanks, your in the process of painting yours the same way correct? did you ever figure out something to go over the clear coat just incase it comes in contact with gas. i would rather not have to repaint my tank again

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks good man, I really like the stripes on the naked ones not too big on the SVS's with them, but yours looks really good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks great. the red looks metallic, what kind of spray can did you use?
thanks, the red is metallic, and the flakes look much better in person. i used a dupli-color truck and suv paint, i forget the color code right now tho

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
That's a neat looking flyscreen you have, what is it?
Looks like the Holeshot flyscreen. I have one too.

Yup. I'm gonna get that clear coat that's mentioned in the thread, sold at Eastwood. I've had automotive friends recommend it, too. It'll go directly over the paint on the bike.
Be careful... the paint may chemically react if it's a different brand. I just had that experience myself.

Get a throw-away surface and paint it with the paint you currently have on the bike. Then shoot the clear coat. Hopefully it won't crinkle up on you... :p

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Be careful... the paint may chemically react if it's a different brand. I just had that experience myself.

Get a throw-away surface and paint it with the paint you currently have on the bike. Then shoot the clear coat. Hopefully it won't crinkle up on you... :p

I contacted the makers of it and they say it'll work with the Duplicolor that I'm using, but yes, I will test it first.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
looks like its one of those paint jobs that needs to be seen in person. nice work ;)

·
Banned
296 Posts
From Philly with a VA plate?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From Philly with a VA plate?
dad lives in va and im in college right now up in philly. if i have the bike registered down there along with my 2 cars it makes my insurance 1k a year instead of 3k. beautiful thing

1 - 20 of 39 Posts