Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we don't have much of a winter over in San Diego, So with the rain and all i Started a project that was lingering on in my head for the past year. It has been done before but i try to think out side of the boxTher write up will come later but what do you guys think. Im about 89% done with the project, I hope you like it Q.A. Thanks Matersin.

I rebuilt gsxr-600 k4 k5 light
Added 14 hyper white leds
Built a Halo with red 4 pin LED on both sides
3000k HID pictures later
re-glassed the stock gsxr Fairing Broken at the time, still primered
Fiber glass side panels to hide wiring, still primered
Custom bracket intergrated with stock bracker
button led tinted turn signals
still glassing a wind screen
and working on making it alot smother.

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's definately different...

I'm not usually a fan of the red halo's, however it seems to work on your bike, giving it a robotic, almost "transformers" feel to it.

The way you mounted the headlight screams out Aprilia Tuono to me for some reason...

How bright are those Hyperwhite LED's? Are they enough for riding around at night, or do you need to supplement them with the HID?

Anyhow, Lookin good! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
It looks mean. I like it.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
huge props for doing something new and exciting!

Not a fan of the GSXR headlights though...they just dont fit my eye.

Good looking bike though

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like it a lot, probably my favorite naked. it would be sweet if you could get the halo to do a knight rider type of glow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That halo is awesome!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice work however I don't care much for the look of the profile. Looks like your SV has a huge nose.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of the gsxr headlight setup, but that looks pretty sweet with the red hallow. Gotta lose that grab bar tho.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The LED's arnt that bright for legal night driviving, they are kinda like the ones you find in the high powered flash lighs, but all the other lights around it cancel them out. I was going for the new audi s8 look with the led running lights with a projector. Also the Halo turns off when the projector turns on, i try to keep it legal and not have any red or blue light on the front while driving. but during the day the red halo is not noticable so its okay.

Thanks for the feed back guys

more pix to come after the bike has been cleaned dirty right now.

That's definately different...

I'm not usually a fan of the red halo's, however it seems to work on your bike, giving it a robotic, almost "transformers" feel to it.

The way you mounted the headlight screams out Aprilia Tuono to me for some reason...

How bright are those Hyperwhite LED's? Are they enough for riding around at night, or do you need to supplement them with the HID?

Anyhow, Lookin good! :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree with the huge nose part. I got the light for free cause my roomate crashed his bike and was throwing it away and wanted to see what i could do with pieces of a wrecked bike. But if i did it with the k6 k7 head light then it would look like the bike got a nose job. good input.

Nice work however I don't care much for the look of the profile. Looks like your SV has a huge nose.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grab bar. hahahahah.. For some reason i kinda like it, it maybe soar for some people when i first got the bike i was gonna take it off but it just grew on me. ( in my mind--- Grab bar what the hell is he talking about) then i relized what you were talking about. Food for thought Thanks.;)

I've never been a huge fan of the gsxr headlight setup, but that looks pretty sweet with the red hallow. Gotta lose that grab bar tho.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it will depend the halo gets washed out alot during the day it would have to be early morning or close to night for them to see it, its not like the bmw halos which are halagon halos which can be seen all the time. I asked a lot of my friends that are in the police department and they said they didnt notice it during the day. but at night I Have the HID turned on and it turns the halo off so that i can stay legal at night. I try to be carful as is im not trying to impersenat law informent.

NICE :) Think you will see the CHP though. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts