Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much deliberation I am going to keep the SV...going to do a few more little mods...pcIII, k&n filter and some dyno tuning. However I still have the supermoto itch in a bad way, I was talking with one of my good friends/riding buddies and he is also very intested in supermoto...so this summer we are going to build one to do track days and have some fun with. The kicker is that we are going to build a beast of a supermoto....figure if we are going to do it might as well go all out. Should end up something like the picture......and yes thats a CR500 in all its 230lb, 55hp, two-stroke, tire shredding glory....keep posted for more details. This is going to be a blast :)

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
All I can say is...Gear it tall.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arimichael said:
All I can say is...Gear it tall.
Yeah thats what I have read, I guess if you dont it spins up uncontrolably fast

It probably wont be built up that soon, but you never know. We are looking for the base bike right now to get things started

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Sweet... I have plenty of wet dreams about plating a CR500 and making a Super out of her.... There is even one company out there that will sell you a CR500 stuffed into a CR250 aluminum frame... Now that would be special...

Keep up updated....

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Please stop with the SuperMoto talk. :mad: I am in a vulnerable state right now, and I'm not sure if I can take it anymore. ......mmmmm Super......Moto....<slobber> <drool>

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
You do realize that will be the end of your life right there. I approve ;) only beef with smokers as supermoto bikes is lack of engine braking for "backing it in" compared to the 4 strokes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
GMslave said:
Please stop with the SuperMoto talk.  :mad:  I am in a vulnerable state right now, and I'm not sure if I can take it anymore.  ......mmmmm Super......Moto....<slobber> <drool>
I'm looking for a SM bike right now.....Whatcha think, we can probably get a better deal on two. Maybe 3 if we talk Timmy into one as well! ;D

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Have you ever ridden a 500 two stroke mx bike? In all seriousness I would say test ride one before you decide to make a super out of one. They are total beasts and will scare the crap out of you, lol. You can't imagine the power to weight ratio until you ride one. I had a 1995 CR500 and sold it because I honestly I couldn't find any local trails that were open enough to appreciate the power.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Coop said:
Have you ever ridden a 500 two stroke mx bike? In all seriousness I would say test ride one before you decide to make a super out of one. They are total beasts and will scare the crap out of you, lol. You can't imagine the power to weight ratio until you ride one. I had a 1995 CR500 and sold it because I honestly I couldn't find any local trails that were open enough to appreciate the power.
THat's why you gear it tall.. really tall. Toss on some Pilot Race tires and put it on the street... Plenty of fun....

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
daaamn dude...those tyres will never see a second lap with a thing like that on 'em, I've seen one in the past and didn't want to go near it those bikes are man-eaters...be careful.

edit: but if you gear it super tall out of fear, why not go with a smaller engine? that way you can actually use it's power? I'm not busting your balls over here just curious as to what might happen...a 4 stroke might still be a better idea in the end.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Don't get me wrong, 500's are lots of fun. I wanted to warn anyone who hasn't ever ridden one. It's hard to imagine a small engine can put out that much power.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I know about the power, I have ridden a KX500 in both dirt and supermoto trim, a buddy of mines father built one back a few years ago and I rode it a few times. It definitly has an isane amount of power and your right....it did scare the crap out of me, but it was an absolute riot to ride!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts