Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
i LOVE that look! good job
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,316 Posts
Smoooooooth :D Are they still giving out birthday numbers? mine was 315,in "72,73"had a mighty TA125 gp bike :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
looks great, but i don't think your sliders will be protecting your bodywork much if the bike goes down. had the same problem with my bodywork, until i fabed shorter brackets. now i have other problems due to the shorter brackets.... - jeff h
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
That is awesome man.

Great looking bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
dynagroove said:
looks great, but i don't think your sliders will be protecting your bodywork much if the bike goes down. had the same problem with my bodywork, until i fabed shorter brackets. now i have other problems due to the shorter brackets.... - jeff h
It's a race bike - their primary task is to protect the frame and engine, bodywork is only secondary... If you get them too long, the risk of them breaking is too big...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
SVS at GdC said:
dynagroove said:
looks great, but i don't think your sliders will be protecting your bodywork much if the bike goes down. had the same problem with my bodywork, until i fabed shorter brackets. now i have other problems due to the shorter brackets.... - jeff h
It's a race bike - their primary task is to protect the frame and engine, bodywork is only secondary... If you get them too long, the risk of them breaking is too big...
its not that the sliders arent long enough, its that the bodywork is wide... seeing as how its made for an i4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
SVS at GdC said:
It's a race bike - their primary task is to protect the frame and engine, bodywork is only secondary... If you get them too long, the risk of them breaking is too big...
like josh said, the sliders are plenty long - the bodywork is too wide. same problem i have. no matter what the design of the sliders was meant for, i would still be upset if my expensive paint job was damaged when it could have been much less severe. these days a nice paint job can cost almost as much as a frame and motor. i paid $1200 for my bike and was quoted $1000 for paint. i have no idea what Ducky paid for his paint job. i believe in sliders, but i've heard some say that the right hit on a slider can cause more frame damage than if it wasn't there. - jeff h
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
dynagroove said:
i paid $1200 for my bike and was quoted $1000 for paint. i have no idea what Ducky paid for his paint job.
1000$? :shock: I wouldn't put that kind of money into a paintjob, not on a track bike at least... My wife uses the SV for track so I put a GSX-R1K race fairing on it - it's bracketed in somewhat but it isn't excessively wide. Paid about 20$ for paint (rattlecan job :wink: ) and it looks pretty good - plus it's easy to repaint if needed, a really elabourate paint job would suck to repair. I don't have any pics of the painted fairing (it's black/yellow) but here's a pic of it unpainted:

 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top