Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have read and used ideas (thank you so much) from bunch of suspension related topics and threads but thought we might use one thread (hopefully a sticky) as a “cheat sheet” called “My perfect setup”. I hope it helps make adjustments/exchanging and trying ideas and setting up our rides easier and faster. What I have in mind is a chart-like sheet like the following.

Type of riding: Aggressive, Spirited, Taking it easy, Cruising
Tires: Front - Brand, Model, Pressure; Rear - Brand, Model, Pressure
Body weight WITH usual gear, height, etc.
Bike setup: Stock front/rear/seat /suspension setting - and/or any mods that you did and you think affect the ride

My contribution setup after 15K miles and bunch of trials and errors:))):

Type of riding: Aggressive/ Spirited

Tires: Front – Dunlop Sportmax Q2 120/70/17, 30PSI, Rear - Dunlop Sportmax Q2 160/60/17, 32PSI

Body weight WITH usual gear:
210 pounds (yeah I know:))), but I still wear “all the gear all the time”), height 5’9

Bike setup:
Stock TALL seat - huge difference in comfort and riding position
Low rise Bikemaster handlebar + Busa weights (more weight on the front)
Buell - about 2 inches lower than stock pegs
Ixil Hyperlow (I think it biased the bike to lean easier to the left since its much lighter than the stock can)
Fork: Racetech Springs – RT FRK SPR 35.5x33.5x270 .85kg + Racetech Gold Valve Cartridge Emulator Kit FEGV S4101 – completely “cured” brake dive and the tendency of chattering, or skipping in turns or over bumps/cracks
Preloads tightened two notches
Rear: Shock - GSXR 750 2007 – Stock settings
Also I noticed that the front gets “lighter” around the time I need 2 gallons to fill up to the top.
So, your turn,:vroom:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Type of riding: Aggressive/ Spirited/ track

Tires: Front – Shinko 009 120/70/17, 32PSI, Rear - Shinko 009 160/60/17, 34PSI Enough for a street. :icon_biggrin:

Body weight WITH usual gear: 170-180 pounds 5'2"
Bike setup:
R6 throttle tube
Suspension:
Front: stock fork springs sag at 35mm, 15w fork oil, Vesrah HH pads . Forks raised 5mm
Rear: 08 GSXR600 shock, sag at 32mm, Rebound at default, half turn less low speed compression, high speed all in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good thread Idea.

Type of riding: Commuting....Quickly.
Tires: Front - Soon to be Michelen Pilot 3
Body weight: 210 5' 11" (more to love I say :hug:) Full gear head to toe except in the summer when I drop the riding pants for jeans and a meshed jacket (with armor).
Bike setup: Renthal Ultra lows and Renthal weights, Stock Front end, GSXR Rear Shock, Tail eliminator seems lighter in the rear, seat redone to be somewhat bearable, PIAA intense whight headlight so I can actually see where I am going, Painted the bike brighter so I could be seen more, akrapovic slip on, and K&N air and oil filters.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Brilliant thread idea!

Type of riding: Hyper street (I'm a wee bit agressive). Hyper-commuting, hyper-cruising, curve hunting wherever I can find them (not enough curvy roads in Edmonton)
Tires: Pilot Power 2CT front (120/70/17) and rear (160/60/17) - 33 psi front, 36 psi rear.
Body weight WITH usual gear - 180lbs (assuming I'm wearing my touring pants), 6'2". ATGATT
Bike setup: ZX-10r rear shock, 30mm sag, 2 turns out compression, 2.5 turns out rebound (or maybe I have those reversed?). Front end: stock forks, .85 sonic springs, 10W oil, Racetech emulators with the damper rods drilled and brazed as per racetech's guidelines. 130mm air gap (with springs out and fork legs fully compressed). VERY happy with this suspension setup, and front/rear balance is really good.
Suzuki OEM Gel Seat (very big improvement over stock), heated grips, aftermarket grips, TRE, Yosh full exhaust + power commander with Yosh map, braided stainless lines, fender eliminator, K&N filter. Ballistic 8-cell battery.

Still a hoot to ride!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone have recommended spring rates for someone around 155 with gear? Please don't say stock...
I love my racetech setup so these are your spring options from them if you want to try:

Modifiers:
Riding Type: Street

FRONT FORK SPRINGS
Recommended Fork Spring Rate: 0.796 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Fork Spring Rate: .712 kg/mm(stock)

Available FRSP S3534 Series Springs are:

RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm .80kg
FRSP S3534080
$114.99
RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm .85kg
FRSP S3534085
$114.99
RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm .90kg
FRSP S3534090
$114.99
RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm .95kg
FRSP S3534095
$114.99
RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm 1.0kg
FRSP S3534100
$114.99

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you bottoming your spring all the time, then go higher... :rock:
WOW, "A" you are still here!?!?!?!?! I thought you ditched your Gladius some time ago:) BTW, thank you VERY much for the lower Buell peg info, what a difference they made for my riding position!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts