Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A really, really long time ago... I was in my very early 20's and was working at a local mall. At the time (mid 1990's) my daily driver was a 1940 Dodge "Luxury Liner". It was a driver... paint looked good from 10' away, ran decent and everything (usually) worked. But the problem with things that stand out is that people like to mess with them. I had gas caps stolen, notes left on it, would occassionally see people sitting on it and one day came out to find my hood ornament ripped off!!!

The day after the "hood ormanent incident", while leaving work I see some teenage kids being generally obnoxious. They were throwing around bottles and making small messes with whatever it was they were eating/drinking. But they weren't bothering me so I didn't bother them...... yet...

The outside of the mall was surrounded by a large loop, 2 lanes each way separated by about 10' of grass inbetween. I drove away and am in the right lane of the loop, traffic is very light but with only 90hp moving a 3,000lbs car, I always stay to the right. Moments later the fore-mentioned children pull along side of me with windows down and yell "nice f***king car"! Despite the fact that this was not the most mentally stable point in my life, I would have been happy to let the comment slide but just a fraction of a second later one of them threw something soda can sized at my car. I saw him throw it at me, I heard it hit the side of my car; I felt whatever thin line of discipline that kept reason and logic in charge of my brain fail.............

Without thinking, without planning I immediately threw all 1.5 tons of half century old Dodge directly at this childs 1980's Honda sedan. I could hear them scream in shock as they quickly realized that sometimes there actions have very real consequences. I saw the Honda screech onto the grass median, accelarate past me and return onto the roadway. I watched them approach an intersection, now in front of me and in my lane but they had to stop due to a red light and opposing traffic; they wanted to run, they tried to run but they were stuck and they knew it.

All four of my skinny biased ply white walls screached as my car came to a hault right next to them and so close that to this day I can't believe we didn't make contact. There were three of them in the car and I had there undivided attention, they were all young and visibly frightened. I knew I only had seconds until the light changed and I knew I couldn't catch them so there I was..... 6' tall, beard and dark hair down to the middle of my chest, sitting in a towering black montster of a car.... I put out my hand pointing to the driver and screamed at the top of my lungs "YOUUUUU!!!!". The kid was absolutely terrified and before he could finish sinking into his seat the light turned green and they took off.

I'm still amazed that no one got hurt... I can't even begin to imagine how bad I would feel to this day if I hit them or if I got my hands on them. I think it's luck that in the end we all learned valuable lessons... and I think I got a good story out of it too ;D

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
If you think that's "road raging," you ought to see me in rush hour traffic sometime... lol

Anyways, moral of story is: Don't act like a douche, cause you don't know when you are going to break someones "camel's back" with a "last straw." If even Donnie can "rage it," anybody can without notice...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
There are too many kids doing stupid things and so rarely are they put back in line. Good on you Donnie for scaring some respect into them.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I've been it a few wrecks but never an accident. And I've knocked off a few mirrors after being put in bad situations on the bike, and a few times dragged people out of their cars. One time some d!ck tossed a fountain drink at me while sitting at a red light and was stupid enough to pull into a gas station two blocks down the street. And another time some guy nearly killed me, he was in the oncoming lane with a red light, I turned left and he turned right and almost ran right over me the whole while staring at me through his window.

I refuse to deal with others stupidity and lack of respect for others space, property and personal safety.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Considering the old photo of you and this story, I'm laughing pretty hard!

It's good that nobody got hurt and the kids got a scare that hopefully learned them a valuable lesson, but that is quite a fine story.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
That's a great story :).

·
Registered
683 Posts
lol
Frank Zappa in a Packard.

(yes I know it's neither)

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
On semi-similar note, way back in the day, I was that ******* kid giving people **** for the stupidest reasons.

One night when I was maybe a Junior in highschool, two friends and I were riding around in my buddies POS mid 80's Caddy. This thing was a hunk of junk, I mean, the kind of car where you just hit stuff for fun.

Anyway, like I said, I was a little bit of a delinquint back in the day, and we were basicalyy just out looking for trouble, and under the influence of some things that aren't strictly legal. At some point, this guy in a small pickup cuts us off while merging onto the road we are on. And my friend who's driving starts tailgating him, flashing his lights, honking the horn and basically being a total *******.

Now, for some reason, the big thing when you were in a car in highschool was to chuck pennies at other cars that ****** you off, so being the genius I am, I reach into the console and grab a handfull of change, and my friend pulls up along side the pickup. I climb out the passenger side window so that I'm sitting on the sill, facing across the roof of the car, and just huck this fist of loose coins at this guys truck. He swerves all over and we take off.

Unfortunately, about a mile down the road, there is a stoplight. And we pull up laughing our asses off about how we just scared the **** out of that dude, and how he'll think twice before messing up and cutting someone off again... when guess who pulls up next to us?

We're still pointing and shouting and laughing at him while sitting at the light. But all that stops the second he reaches under the seat and produces a .38.

We went from hysterical laughter to "oh **** we gonna die" in about 0.17 seconds. My buddy nails the gas, runs the light, and we spend the next 15 miles making random turns and watching for this guy to pull in behind us. We never saw him again.

Lesson learned: Don't be a dick, you don't know who's packing or how crazy they might be. I like to think I've straightend out alot since then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts