Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who want to have a clean tail but refuse to spend $200 on a production bracket, where I built my own and here are the results...

I wanted for it to be under the muffler since that area there is wasted anyways, but the bracket can be bend to fix either side.

PM me if you have any questions...

·
Registered
138 Posts
im not so sure id like my plate to be mounted to the chain adjuster. maybe its just me. i have wanted a new plate mount in this position or the kind that wrap around the rear tire if anyone knows what im talking about.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't use it...

Well, I went to the local and only motorcycle dealer to pick up a can of Bel Ray chain lube, I showed the bike and my new tag bracket mod to a kid that works there and here is what he told me...

Florida is trying to pass a law for Zero tolerance for Vertical plates on bikes.

Plate most be mounted horizontally and on the outer most tail location.

The going rate for a vertical tag ticket is $1000.

With that said, I will be no longer using my vertical tag bracket.

Instead I will try to get away with installing the plate horizontally right up against the battery compartment.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
The going rate for a vertical tag ticket is $1000.
$1000!!!!! That is ridiculous! It seems that some local, county and state governments have gone completely crazy with absurd fines and penalties. I mean, what is the danger to society or to individual safety by having a vertical plate? Fines like that simply can't be justified.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$1000!!!!! That is ridiculous! It seems that some local, county and state governments have gone completely crazy with absurd fines and penalties. I mean, what is the danger to society or to individual safety by having a vertical plate? Fines like that simply can't be justified.
Yeah, that is insane... and it all seems to apply mostly to flashy sport bikes, hogs can pretty much get away with anything on this red neck land that I live in...

By the way, I think you and I have the same bike, mine is an 05 SV-N.

If you are using the stocker mirrors or just would like to try some new rear view mirrors, I highly recommend these that I just got, excellent view, good built quality, great looks and it provides yet another set of front blinkers...

$52 Shipped. Enjoy.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Re: Can't use it...

Instead I will try to get away with installing the plate horizontally right up against the battery compartment.

Take care.
dont do that either i got stopped for it , no ticket though.
if FL is cracking down on vertical plates they will definately get you for a partially hidden plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts