Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new WRX in blue (fastest color) and love the way this thing handles and accelerates. This is by far the funnest car I have ever owned. It takes off pretty quick and its also pretty easy to mod and drop about a second on the 0-60 time. Alot of people dont like the look of the new WRX but it is growing on me.

Any other sv riders own a WRX?? If not what kind of car do you drive??

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've never owned a car, but I've always driven my parent's cars when I'm home from university. We had an 02 Subie Legacy 2.5 GT Sedan with a 5 speed, and now we have a Nissan Altima 3.5SE. I've driven the (old 2.0L) WRX, and it's a nice little car for the money, but I like the grunt of the Q-series V-6 and the luxury of the Altima. The Legacy was fun, I used to take it on backroads to play with the four wheel drive, but without a turbo the boxer is pretty boring.

For the next car I'm pushing my dad to get an Infiniti G35 sedan; 298hp, 6 speed, rear-wheel drive :) A WRX STi would be nice too, but it isn't our style - and it is more expensive than a G35.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If they hadn't changed it, you could have had a ton-0-fun at the rally. The subies are usually there but this year I think it's another bike rally. FZR maybe.?.

I went on a gap run with the Subie guys last year in my Spyder. I made friends with one of them when he needed cleaning products and I hooked him up. His car made over 600hp. (claimed) It looked like it. It had everything done to it. He said he made two trips to Atlanta from Raleigh every month because he had to have a 4 wheel dyno. It was fun and the car was a beast. His wasn't a WRX though, it was something else. Bigger than WRX. His girlfriend was hot too. ;D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

thats what my beast looks like. 2.0 liters of pure muscle baby! and the hole in the exhaust makes it sound like a angry badger ready to attack

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lately, I've been liking the bigger cars with the v-6's, I like the sound, or I especially love the sound of the new 350 Z's, but prepeare, 2 fast 2 furious comment coming up, I want a skyline GTR. That would be a dream to own, as long as it doesn't own me.

·
Registered
397 Posts
650RR said:
Lately, I've been liking the bigger cars with the v-6's, I like the sound, or I especially love the sound of the new 350 Z's, but prepeare, 2 fast 2 furious comment coming up, I want a skyline GTR. That would be a dream to own, as long as it doesn't own me.
I've driven Mercedes-Benzes, BMWs, Cadillacs, Toyotas, Audis, Hondas, Acuras, etc... And in my opinion, the Nissan 3.5 Q-Series V-6 is one of the best six cylinder engines on the market. Lots of torque for the displacement, and then a screaming top end when the variable valve timing, variable intake, and two stage exhausts kick in. Sounds like a V-12 too. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Ruefus said:
This is me.  This was the day I picked the car up.  The calipers are now red and the chrome grill stripe is body-color.  This car is a BLAST:

i like those alot actually. and i'm not really a car guy. personally i'm ditching my POS neon b4 the svrally (if all goes to plan) hopefully for a light truck some thing like an s-10, tacoma, ranger, etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a Miata then when my son was born I sold it and bought this...

2006 Acura TL

Then my wife drove it and decided she liked it so now I have her old 2000 Olds Alero. Which will soon be replaced for something like this... (once I can find a suitable vehicle to build from)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
i've been looking into a wrx, you can get an '03 sti now for about 20k if you look real hard. i like the new grill, they took off with that design from the b9, but the rest of the car looks like a dang camry now. hard to be cool with a camry...

...even if it has a hood scoop.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Oops, don't like the new grill on the Scooby much... It's a bit too normal, I liked the old ones for their pathological ugliness- something very simple and brutal about them. Very cool cars.

Me, I like these... They also rock the "So ugly it's beautiful" thing, though performance wise they're no Scooby. (previous model Mitsu Galant, if anyone wondered) I want one, but I can't afford to insure the V6 :(

·
Registered
283 Posts
My other beastie is a 4-door, gold Honda Civic.

Nothing says 'rent me' quite like a gold-colored car.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts