Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I celebrated by riding my bicycle. Yesterday my son ripsticked 4 miles while I walked 4 miles with 4lb weights on my ankles. The only excercising I have really gotten since I quit has been walking around the parking lot at work for 15 mins a day. So I thought I would take advantage of this weekend and not dual sporting :( and getting some good excercise.

So today, my son and I went for a bike ride. We got 1 1/2 miles and his chain came off and tangled in his pedal. He crashed... So we walked all the way back home and he was done. He didn't want to ride anymore. Ok. Whatever, I'm not fighting.

So when I got home, I had ridden 15 miles. The significant part is, I haven't ridden my bike since last august and I had not ridden it more than 8 miles...once. It looks like I will be back to my 20 miles a day very very soon.

I was just excited and I wanted to share.

Oh, and I rode right past Nicky Hayden's house.

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's awesome! I'm still working on quitting, so I know how tough it can be, so you should be very proud of yourself.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Congratulations! I quit many times - luckily the last time stuck. The hardest part for me was the morning and when I would drink. I quit drinking for a long time just to make not smoking a little easier.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used some louzenges for a bit, but not alot of them. Honestly, I was just ready to quit. And 3 days after one of my co workers came in after smoking and omg did she stink. I don't want to stink.I was just over smoking. Totally over it.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! :highfive: It only gets easier from here, and it's well worth it. Keep it up and reward yourself generously with the money that would've gone up in smoke.
I'm thinking real bicycling shorts and toe shoes!

Congrats. I'm just coming up on my two week mark, but yeah it makes a huge difference in everything. Except Burger King's fries. They still taste nasty.
Or Wendy's fries. they still taste like poo too.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Oh, and I rode right past Nicky Hayden's house.
STALKER;D...actually, was his sister there, she's got nice... hey, so...congrats on the month anniversary.
Well done, keep it up chica!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Congrats Suzanne! You made the right decision no matter how much your body tells you otherwise.

I have quit not to long ago myself. It has been a great decision. Probably the thing I notice the most is how bad I must have smelt. The smell is horrible. When I quit before for 5 yrs. I don't remember the smell being quit so disturbing. The money savings is one thing but there are so many other benefits.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I quit cold-turkey about a year ago and haven't looked back. I found that sunflower seeds help tremendously. The trick is to keep your mouth occupied...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts