Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got it down to a 07 sv650s or a 01 cbr f4i I'm kinda a Suzuki homer and I really like the way the sv looks but I'm 5'11 247lbs will the 650 v twin pull me around without fuss it seems to have about the same hp as a 01 bandit 600 I used to have but was wondering if the v twin would handel it the same...thoughts?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
As long as you respring the bike for your weight and probobly swap the rear shock with a zx14r rear shock I think it would handle just fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you guys think the v twin will do fine , just stiffen it up a little and were good to go.

Btw it has 4500 miles on it all stock no after market pipe , its just like it left the show room.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And is there enough adjustment in the preload front and rear to be adequate until aftermarket changes can be made?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
And is there enough adjustment in the preload front and rear to be adequate until aftermarket changes can be made?
No preload in the front, and you'll be fine if you crank the rear up to 7. You'll enjoy the engine immensely, but you will be wanting some suspension adjustments after a while.

Even at your weight, do not get a ZX-14R shock. A ZX-10 shock, properly adjusted, is more than adequate at your weight. Get some Sonic Springs and new oil up front and it'll be a completely different bike for you.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
So you guys think the v twin will do fine , just stiffen it up a little and were good to go.

Btw it has 4500 miles on it all stock no after market pipe , its just like it left the show room.
Not to be rude, but you're asking a website made for SV enthusiasts if they think the SV is a good platform.

You're going to find slightly biased answers here. Same as if you were to go to a CBR dedicated site and asked the same question.

That being said, I would put money on you preferring the SV over your old bandit.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Not to be rude, but you're asking a website made for SV enthusiasts if they think the SV is a good platform.

You're going to find slightly biased answers here. Same as if you were to go to a CBR dedicated site and asked the same question.

That being said, I would put money on you preferring the SV over your old bandit.
NOOOOOOOO SV FTW SV FOREVER. shhh. :>

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I rode with a passenger (combined weight around 400 lbs fully geared) on stock suspension. Never upgraded it and never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
At 4500 miles and in almost showroom condition, all stock '07 SV650S sounds like a great deal. How much are they asking for it?

BTW, the 650 has a lot of torque for a mid-sized bike. It ain't no slouch, that's for sure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No SV is going to blow you away with power, it just isnt designed for that. Most ppl keep sv's bc of their all around balance.

For the weight I am at the other end of the spectrum around 150 w gear. I would speculate that the torque will pull you around just fine.

In extremely simplistic terms, in the early 00's when four stoke's were gaining momentum in the dirt world they had the advantage of low end torque and smooth powerbands. The 2 stokes were peaky and had a heavy top end hit. This is very similar to an SV in comparison to a 600.

That is extremely simplified and I may take some flak for that statement as it has been very generalized but it conveys my point in my head at least.

Long story short. You like everyone on here should love or at least learn to love an SV for all the reasons us nut bags do..

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is one more in Birmingham that's an 08 non faired single headlight for 3500 with 9000 miles all stock also

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Nice. Two decent deals. It's either a feast or a famine. LOL

Of course, It depends on how well the bikes have been maintained or if they were dropped or not. Check em both out, then decide. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts