Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.3cc of fury!

Its a Traxxas S-Maxx. I still have to run 4 more tanks of fuel through it to complete the break in period. Hopefully after that, I'll get some action shots. Even at 1/4 throttle, its a ***cing hoss.

Top speed for 45+ mph :)

I don't really dig the paint scheme. I'll grab a different body for it later. Not too concerned with it right now.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Nice. My brother had a RC-10 truck when we were younger. It was fun but never worked 100%. It can be an expensive hobby and painful too. He would lose control of it and sometimes it would end up hitting somebody in the shin.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eddie, there is a very large gully right behind my house, plus the street to my house is about 500 feet of dirt with a large circle at the end, and we live on a half acre, so I have plenty of room to drive.

Mike, I still have my old RC10GT. I looked into fixing it, and to get it going again would have cost me almost as much as this one did new, so I figured I'd go this route. When I told the kid at the store I had an old RC10GT, he said he was very interested, especially if it was the black chassis, which it is.

Anyway, I got to go to sleep so I can wake up earlier and get playing :)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
aww an s-maxx? You should have got the revo!!
I got out of the RC hobby a couple years ago, it was mighty expensive. Still have a tlt-1 mini rock crawler and a hpi savage kicking around. Maybe one of these days I'll buy some fresh glow plugs and fire it up.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Nice truck ;D

i was always a team losi guy, i really miss my xx. its a fun hobby, the tracks are just a ways away around here

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww an s-maxx? You should have got the revo!!
I got out of the RC hobby a couple years ago, it was mighty expensive. Still have a tlt-1 mini rock crawler and a hpi savage kicking around. Maybe one of these days I'll buy some fresh glow plugs and fire it up.
You should have given me the $187 to cover the difference between the S-Maxx and the Revo. ;)

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I still have an old RC10GT That I get out every once and a while. It runs good, but every time I get it out I seem to keep putting more and more $ into it. Last year I built some aluminum front A-arms for it at work, bought new wheels and tires, and upgraded the clutch.

It's worse than the SV as far as wanting to upgrade. At least it's a little cheaper.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I kind of got this to quell my desire to constantly upgrade the bike. I figure $100 is a huge investment in this thing, whereas its just a drop in the bucket for the bike.

I'm through the second tank now, waiting for it to cool off. Should have it broken in and tuned in about 2 hours :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been addicted to rc now for a few years.

Heres a couple of my birds

Trexx 600n

Under the Canopy

Tl50 130 MPH flying wing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sadly I actually spent enough on RC in the last two years to pay cash for a new SV.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Yeah, I kind of got this to quell my desire to constantly upgrade the bike. I figure $100 is a huge investment in this thing, whereas its just a drop in the bucket for the bike.

I'm through the second tank now, waiting for it to cool off. Should have it broken in and tuned in about 2 hours :)
it's not. you could drop thousands in that thing if you wanted. That's one of the reasons why I got out of the hobby, it's like they purposely make the parts fragile so that you can break them and buy more at a inflated cost.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
it's not. you could drop thousands in that thing if you wanted. That's one of the reasons why I got out of the hobby, it's like they purposely make the parts fragile so that you can break them and buy more at a inflated cost.

That's why I started making parts at work. Saves me some $ and I'm just out a little time, but it's nice to know I made it myself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts