Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup... here it is... Ben's old 2000. It's all cleaned up and will be for sale as soon as the title comes back from DMV...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice, good job Don. If I had the money, I would buy it for another track bike, but alas, it must go to someone else. I'm sure you will find it a good home.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
avc8130 said:
So what is cheap? Any details?
ac
If I had a price it would be in the "for sale" section :D
I'll have a price in a couple days.
Feel free to make me an offer.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Wow! Last time I saw it, it had crazy clip-ons, a whipped pipe, and a finely done "tank-job" in multiple hues (mostly blue and bondo, I think). That's very presentable.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Donnie that looks great - there is no way I would have recognized it as Ben's old bike with the blue and yellow.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlexJ said:
Donnie that looks great - there is no way I would have recognized it as Ben's old bike with the blue and yellow.
It took a lot of cleaning!
Ben actually did the paint and did a nice job... up until he put his tank bag on the not-fully-dry paint :roll:

Thanks!

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Somebody from here please buy this thing. We have to keep it in the family.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Ninjette had her eye on it....LOL

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
avc8130 said:
I think at this point Donnie could practically auction this bike off. I think we are all interested in it. Depending on his definition of "cheap" I may be very interested. I do not know the history of this bike...but i know it looked real sad when he first got it.
ac
Do I hear $2000......

·
Registered
744 Posts
Squid bought it, thrashed it, then dumped it when he moved to a manly 600 supersport. :lol: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are the particulars...

When I got it, it was dirty, some 1/2-assed repairs and some shitty aftermarket parts that didn't work well or were worn out.

I replaced everything that needed replacing to make the bike a solid daily driver. Many of the parts were form my personal stash, some from board guys here and some from A&J's. I've also got 12 hours of my own labor soldering and heat-shrinking connectors, replacing hardware and cleaning.

It has the following upgrades...
Fork oil
636 shock
Rear-set adapters (up and back ~1")
Newer de-snorkled air filter
Jetted
Custom blinkers
Vortex screw on gas cap
Vortex 2 piece brake pedal

I would drive the bike cross-country today. The motor is tight and it makes plenty of power. Everything on the bike is straight and in good shape. The chain and sprockets will need replacing in the next few thousand miles as well as the rear tire. The radiator has minor cosmetic damage from the horn coming off but it is PURELY COSMETIC, the radiator is straight and has no crash damage and works 100%. The horn was replaced with a louder automotive horn that is the same size and is cadmium plated. It has a vortex 2 piece brake pedal (with replacable toe piece) but the brake pedal has no provisions for the brake light switch. It feels like the rear brake rotor may be warped but it could just be the sprocket. In the pics it has sliders, I'm keeping them. There is also some scuffing of the frame where someone (not Ben) tried to buff the tank with a power buffer and scuffed the frame underneath. I have matched the paint and touched it up pretty well (as seen in the pic). The sticker on the tach face is peeling but I have a replacement on the way.

SVRider price = $2,200. If I have to put it on Ebay the price will be higher as I'll have to cover seller fees. I can also deliver within about 100 miles or so (for $$). I'm open to trades (especially for a gen1 full exhaust system) or if you're looking for a race bike I might consider a discount for removing the lights and bodywork.

·
Registered
744 Posts
How many miles?

·
Registered
622 Posts
NO before pics? And where did you get that tach sticker I need one?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts