Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my #4 fender eliminator in the mail today. Thanks Evan!

Overall I'm super happy with it! Only problem I had was that I didn't bend it enough the first time through, so I had to take the bodywork off and bend it more. Nothing major.

Some before, during, and afters:

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
By bend it, you mean bend the plate further up right? Cause it will hit the tire as it is pictured.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
984 Posts
where's your chain guard?

I might have to go with one of these, they look nice, and you can't beat the price, nor the fact it's coming from a forum member! Is the undertail sealed up pretty well? Looks like there's some gaps from where the original fender was...think it will be a problem with water getting in there?

Also, a general fenderless question: how much spray gets on you with these cleaner undertail setups?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
There is a small gap, but unless you're in a downpour or spray up there when washing it you shouldn't get hardly any water up there.

Spray isn't much of an issue...the rearmost tail section deflects most of it (just have to clean your tail light more often).

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
First of: Hail to the Redskins.

Secondly: If you have front turn signals in MD, you had better have rear ones too. All or nothing, trust me, I used to be a MD inspector.

Last: I feel your pain about the license plate, the middle number on mine is now a shiny (read: rubber polished) silver.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
No Raven's fans here in MD? Good thing I don't watch football... though my g/f is a rabid ravens fan lol.

I'd angle the plate up a bit more if I were you. I'm a fat cow though and with the stock spring I almost ripped my plate off with my back wheel. It's all bent up and nasty lookin now. lol. (EZPass only gets my plate number sometimes because of it lol)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Got mine too. To fill in the void with the gap I am just going to pick up some rubber striping I think this weekend before I swap it in. Since I plan on putting other electronics (alarm and LED lighting boxes) in the tail it is beneficial to me to seal it all up nice and neat!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
sweet. I got mine today too. OP, did you just bend it with your hands or use a special tool? Also approximately what angle did you bend it to with your final configuration. I noticed it was too close to the tire in your pics and I only want to go thru the process once if possible.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I realize I'm not the OP, but I'll throw in my coupla pennies anyway :)

Just set the bracket down on the edge of a table, stair, whatever. Put where the bend should be at the edge, and tap it down with a rubber mallet. Don't be afraid to use some force - the aluminum is stronger that you might think (plus the rubber mallet will absorb some of the impact).

To bend the blinker tabs, I've found it easiest to clamp it down to the edge of a table via c-clamp (might put a rag or piece of cardboard between the camp and the bracket to protect the finish. Instead of hammering it down, tap the blinker tabs upwards. Then make the main bend to angle the license plate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts