Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up an 05 SV650s for $500. The last rider has been riding in its current condition for over a year now. All in all it is a sound machine. minor rash on some fairings, missing passenger foot peg assembly, chain guard, and license plate bracket. The absolute bad, the forks are bent. I already have the missing parts and forks on order for $200 shipped. I should have the whole thing running straight, looking good, and all legal for under $1000.
All pics can be found here: http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/hh97/500%20dollars%20project/
Here are a few for the thread.

Like this on both sides.

Both sides as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got paint on and a coat of clear. There is a couple of runs in the clear so a touch of light water sanding and a couple more coats should be real pretty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stared flushing the coolent. Changing the oil, and cleaning the chain. There was about half a pound of grease and road grime from the chain. Looks like it was kept well lubed, just never cleaned.

After an hour cleaning, it still looks good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just spent $50 on a handful of miscellaneous hardware. Now I need to find a chain guard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been asked what I used to fix the rash on the plastics and what I am using for paint.
The paint

And the fix

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So after a crap load of elbow grease (thanks Matt for help) and this wonder full product called.... You guys are going to love this... NuFinish. The stuff in a can like Turtle Wax. It isn't as good as if I never screwed up but I feel OK with it. I removed the secondary throttle valves.

And some parts came in. Thanks VTWINPOWER from SVRider.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts