Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it is an 05 sv650n. Theres only a few mods right now, but as soon as more money comes in the more parts i'll get. The mods are: Vortex Clip-ons, Dominators, Suzuki Seat Cowl, Clear alternative tail lights, Leo Vince Carbon slip on, and some fender elminator not sure what brand it was on there when i got it. its the only thing i havent done to it.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
looks good...and welcome.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Got any clearance issues with the fender hitting the radiator? Those forks are pushed WAY up through the triples...never seen anyone mount their clip-ons above the top triple before (at least not on an SV).

·
Registered
421 Posts
Got any clearance issues with the fender hitting the radiator? Those forks are pushed WAY up through the triples...never seen anyone mount their clip-ons above the top triple before (at least not on an SV).
wow. very observant. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No clearance issues at all. The forks, as of right now, are completely stock. I am also pretty light coming in at 145lbs so that might add to it.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
No clearance issues at all. The forks, as of right now, are completely stock. I am also pretty light coming in at 145lbs so that might add to it.
Get on that front brake hard and I bet you bottom out the suspension on the lower triple clamp.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually no it won't. I've tested it plenty of times. Sure it gets REALLY close but never once has it touched. We have crappy roads and crappy drivers so the suspension gets tested quite often. I figured it'd bottom out, luckily it hasn't

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Looks good - clean and simple

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Actually no it won't. I've tested it plenty of times. Sure it gets REALLY close but never once has it touched. We have crappy roads and crappy drivers so the suspension gets tested quite often. I figured it'd bottom out, luckily it hasn't

According to a google search(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SV650S), and checking a couple different sources, the 2nd gen SV has 5.1" of fork travel. Not to :deadhorse:here, but I can't help but think you have less room than that. I'd be interested in seeing how much space you have between your fork lowers and the lower triple when the forks are unladen.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason you're not bottoming out is your weight....I'd bottom them out for sure. ;D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha it does, i would have had a aztec8 flyscreen on but its my wed ann this weekend so thats a no go, yet.

Carpe Diem, I'm in Jacksonville NC, right next to Camp Lejeune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts