Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would post some of the latest pics I took of the bike.  The ones by the water are from yesterday, and I can't remember when I took the other ones.  Sometime back in October I think.  Yes, I know some of them are back-lit.  It's on purpose.  They are not digital, so some of the darker pics are grainy.  Please forgive.  I'm playing around with all the stuff my camera can do, so camera buffs be kind.  I've had the camera for a few years, but never had a subject to shoot.  Thank you Suzuki.  ;D

Technical Jargon:
Camera:  Minolta STsi Maxxum
Lens: 28-80mm Quantaray

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
The mouth and eyes made me laugh.

That's something I've thought about doing to my '02 SVS for sometime. May have to cruise over to the local auto-graphix shop and lay the idea on 'em.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Love the WWII fighter shark graphics... 8)

Got any plans to add cannon stubs? ;D

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
If you don't remove the snow shovel at the back, I might have to kill you!

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Leave the shovel! It shows that you dare to be different, even more than the decals ;D

Love the pic with the old overpass.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I still cringe when I see those stickers on there. :eek: I literally wince. I would get rid of those before the snow shovel on the back.

(I don't say that to be a jerk. To give balance, maybe, as you seem to be interested in feedback still)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have thought a WWII fighter of bomber scheme would look cool as anything, on the right bike. I personally dig the graphics. but really caught my eye was the lack of snow and Ice there... and now Im jealous :p

thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
551 Posts
nice pics man... love the decals! and keep the shovel! it adds charcter

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a set I got from decalzone.com but never had the guts to put 'em on.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only other graphics I've thought about adding would maybe be some "pin-up" art on the gas tank. Problem is, finding something good that's not copywrited. As for the other graphics. My bike lacked a certain... I don't know what. So I added those.

I'm keeping the shovel in the back. I do find the occasional dirt or gravel road, so it's usefull, for me. Luckily, none of the pics really show a good shot of the chin spoiler. The spot right behind the tire looks... bad. ;D

We don't have any snow yet... just cold temps. I took the bike over to my brother's garage yesterday, since I'll be going back to NY for a week, and I'm not comfortable leaving it un-attended at my apartment. It's times like this I wish I lived on the 1st floor.

Oh, the graphics are from www.military-graphics.com. You won't find a larger selection of military isignias, badges, artwork, anything! It does take a while to get what you want, since everything is printed to order (I ordered mine in August, and got them in November), but it's very good quality.

Thanks for all the honesty with the pics.

·
Registered
787 Posts
i must say, normally not a big fan of decals, but for some reason those do look pretty sweet on your bike, looks like a nice day of riding, thanks for giving me the winter blues :p

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Like Shaun the tunnel pic is my favorite, it's cool.

How do you like those hand guards?

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haseltonk said:
Maybe you already know, but they've got a bunch at that same military decal site...

http://www.military-graphics.com/noseart.html They have a bunch of em...
I did look at those, but I don't know... nothing really appealed to me. Maybe something with a name. Any suggestions for naming the bike?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Flashback

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the pictures are great. One thing I learned is to get down to the level of your subject. It really gives a different perspective.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Yeah..never one to badmouth anothers taste, but i really wasnt a fan of the whole shark teeth thing. New version is wunderbar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts