Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I tried to start my bike and found both headlights were out and 2 weeks ago when I put the bike away they worked.

I checked the bulbs, fuses (both hi - lo beam) and they were both good.

Both headlights are out and when I switch it to hi beams it does nothing and the instrument panel doesn't how the hi beam light. The center light works and so does the turn signals. The instrument panel works and the lights I were able to test ie. neutral light, turn signal light. (except of course the hi beam light)

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what is wrong? Next weekend off I am going to take off the fairings and check out the wiring. If not I am forced to go to get ripped off at the local motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Check the ground coming from the headlights. I helped a friend do a SVN to SVS converstion and he kept having headlight problems do to a bad ground connection in wiring harness. Since all lights have their own ground this can affect just the headlights without effecting the turn signals.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just took apart my bike today and I didn't see any stripped wires or anything.
I tried the headlights and they didn't work. Then all of a sudden I decided to try it again before giving up and the headlights worked. ??? I still have no idea what happened, I didn't touch the wires or move the bike before the last try?

Well I hope the problem won't come back. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Loose connector.When you took it apart and put it back you solved it without thinking about the source.The vibration sometimes can disengage a connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts