Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had designed the gladius I would have done it more like this. I used all existing bikes for this. The tail is part GSVR, part Gladius, part Ninja 250, part R1. The rear-sets, belly pan, controls, swing arm, and headlight are from a GSR-600. The can is from an RC8. Everything else is stock. I did use the frame from the white version and the plastic from the black version, though.

· Registered
4,678 Posts
It's looking better but try some SV rearsets, scrap the headlight, radiator shrouds and frame covers...then it might look decent... nice work though, the RC8 exhaust/belly gives me happy pants.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the RC8 exhaust/belly gives me happy pants.
Thanks, I was thinking one on each side, with a blending chamber in between.

I was trying to keep the bike the same but just fix the aesthetic problems. This is how I think it should have come from the factory given the criteria I imagine they imposed on the designers, hence no USD forks.

EDIT: I just noticed I forgot the front blinkers and mirrors.

· Premium Member
3,797 Posts
Yeah now that Raptor is a bike I'd go for.... as long as it is 650cc or higher....

Edit: I believe that is the 650 version... the 2009 has 2 pipes I believe...

This is still the best tubular steel framed SV650 with a banana seat (and what the Gladius should have looked like):

· Registered
541 Posts
looks good. swingarm and belly pan/exhaust combo are :tits:

where are the pictures of whats underneath the side plastic "frame covers"

is the jury still out on wether or not its got more tube frame under there.. ?

· Premium Member
17,865 Posts
is the missing spoke in the rear wheel an advantage? Just curious.

· Premium Member
3,797 Posts
Any reasoning for that? I think the name is quite ok. Katana doesn´t sound any better - an I am tempted to believe that for both you (like me) didn´t know what they actually meant when you heard them first. :)

Ciao
Jan

It sounds as someone mentioned a few times... like someone's 85 year old grandmother... or a flower...... ooor some man-boy-slave in some gay roman orgy... apparently they had a lot of those back in the day.... the romans sure liked those pre-pubescent boys

Yeah yeah it is supposed to be some great war dagger or something... but who the hell knows that....

As far as Katana goes... I think it sounds better... at least it is Japanese like the bike... so it makes more sense...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.