Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so last Tuesday I tagged along with a friend to the local Ducati dealership to check out the monster line. He's been looking for a while and was hell bent on a 600SS so I was relieved to introduce him to something a bit more tame while still letting him splurge tons of money.

Anyway, long story short, they fire up a monster in the showroom and he was sold....

That is until we got home that night and saw a craigslist ad that read:

"2007 Ducati Monster 695 - Less than 100 miles - $5000"

It is safe to say, we were expecting a catch. We get there and it is a gay abercrombie model attending the local university (TCU) from OKC who has his parents pay for everything... except the bike. He rode it a few times, it scared the **** outta him, and he is selling it. It was dropped in their garage and the bar and shift pedal were bent... otherwise it is perfect.

In this kids own words: "I thought it would be cool to ride a bike for $200 a month."

He still owed $7333.39 ($2333.39 more than he was selling for) on the bike and we accompanied him to the bank to cover the payoff and get the bill of sale notarized.

I am still in shock that my friend managed to get an 07 red monster 695 with 55 miles on the clock and cobwebs between the treads for $5k...

Anyway, on to the pics!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Nice find. Congrats to your friend.

Who's fireworks?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a fireworks wholesale building we work for. Our boss is letting him keep it there until I can get moved into my new shop, at which point I will let him store it there. lol.

The stand actually has a monitored alarm system with motion detectors so it is nice and safe. lol.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sweet deal. I'm so cynical about fake CL ads that I probably wouldn't have even called on it. Of course, there's also the CL crooks around DFW (and I assume other places, too) who place ads like that only to rip you off when you show up with a pocketful of cash. Guess you can tell I'm a little leery of CL. Glad you got the best of it this time.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet deal. I'm so cynical about fake CL ads that I probably wouldn't have even called on it. Of course, there's also the CL crooks around DFW (and I assume other places, too) who place ads like that only to rip you off when you show up with a pocketful of cash. Guess you can tell I'm a little leery of CL. Glad you got the best of it this time.
We looked up the guy's name and email before hand and showed up with him knowing he would have to tag along to the bank if we decide to buy. Trust me, I've heard my fair share of CL drama. I wanted none of that. We already had a bill of sale ready for the notary so that everything went smooth. We got lucky though because the guy was VERY cooperative and just as happy to sell as we were to buy.

Money wasn't an issue for them... It was actually two twin brothers and both had 09 Escalades (sp?) with less than 5k miles, one being a hybrid. They actually were selling two identical bikes, one being the "dark" (matte black) and one red that they admittedly bought on an impulse. The black bike "was ridden all the time" though, so it was almost broken in... 554 miles. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW, got any Black Cats? ;) i'm running low and the 4th will be here before i know it.
I got whatever you need, whenever you need it. I don't like the idea of shipping it though... :nana:

Our boss actually imports directly from china and conveniently has "mis marked" items thrown into the containers in falsely labeled boxes. Overloaded cakes and crackers are her specialty! ;D

I have a box of assorted unlabeled crackers, any one of which could cost you your hand. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts