Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from Fremont Faultline HD... Great dealer BTW.

Anyways.

Just picked up my brand new blacked out, Cherry Bomb Red, 2009 XB12Ss Long :).

This thing is sweet...

Suspension's (Showa full adjustable, lots of travel) a lot softer then Im used to (coming from a 2005 Yamaha R6) and it dives a bit under braking. Probably great on the bumpy twisty roads though so Ill hold off on the high performance (stiffer) spring set ;). For now.

At idle it shakes a good bit. Cruising at 2,500-3,000RPM it shakes enough in the bars to make your hands a little bothered but thats also fault of the HORRID stock grips.

Get it over 3,200RPM and it feels just as refined as the R6, nice and smooth. Only took it to 4,000RPM due to break in but it feels happy cruising in that range.

Other then that bike feels great!

Will try and get pics ASAP but I have plans tonight and it rained on the way back so the freshly detailed bike is all muddy now!

Stoked for better weather and some riding in the twisties!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats man! Can't wait to see some pics! So did your R6 get totalled out?

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Never thought I would say it BUT I'm kinda partial to the XB9SX (Blue of course).

So what the heck ya doing inside on the internet for ??? Its dirty now so a bit more aint gonna hurt and change ya plans for tonight ;D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I tried to convince my dad to take his bike out but he says its all clean and doesnt want to go for a ride with me :p.

Ill probably take it to dinner tomorrow after work to put a few more miles on, and then every day next week after classes :).

Its a sweet bike... Way different...

And, totaled out?

R6 was sold on Thursday.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Go through your owners manual, there are baseline settings in there for getting the suspension setup for your weight. Only tools you need are in the underseat toolkit and its super simple.

·
Registered
406 Posts
:needpics:

There are some buells I really like.

Not trying to be a jerk with the emoticon, i read that the bike's all durty.

I just really want to see pictures!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
R6 did not have the unique styling, rarety, street based performance, level of power (to fast)... Also I wanted to try something unique, with handle bars instead of clip ons and with a suspension more oriented towards roads off the beaten path.

And no, no Jardine. Going with a drummer (modified core) system, great sound and no need for intake or fuel injection mods!

And yeah I will check to see if they setup the suspension alright for me, it definetly feels really soft but I think in the mountains it will feel nice... when the road gets less smooth.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah Im planning some mods...

Not sure what...

Probably just the basic protective reflectors under the seat, dont really want to get the headers coated or anything...

·
Registered
974 Posts
i would join (if you don't already belong) a buell forum. I bet xnoahx could recommend a good site. You will probably get better ideas for essential mods etc from people who own the bike and have for some time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I know they also sell the right side air scoop, supposedly it helps with the heat issues on that side. Do you know if you have the latest upgrades to the ECU?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Awesome bike! I would like to ride one sometime...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I know they also sell the right side air scoop, supposedly it helps with the heat issues on that side. Do you know if you have the latest upgrades to the ECU?
The 09 XB models havent had any ECU updates. The right side air scoop is nice. We had a 03 XB9S here at the shop with one on it and they initially thought the fan was broken when it didnt turn on after a test ride. They tested it and found it working fine, just didnt need to turn on with the scoop. Its a little spendy and you dont need it but it is nice.
http://www.americansportbike.com/shoponline/ccp0-prodshow/9160F.html

You can check out www.badweatherbikers.com for a buell form. Im not sure about the XB section since I spend most of my time there in the 1125 section and I dont really like some of the people there but people from the factory post on there and if you ever have an issue that your dealer isnt able to solve in a reasonable manner there is a user on the, Court, who has a lot of pull at Buell to get stuff done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts