Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first mod to my '08 SV650s. A blue loctite seal on the gearshift bolt!

Before picture with a gap.

Disassemble gearshift components.

Apply loctite.

Reassemble components!

Now hopefully my gearshift will stop falling off as I'm riding...

Tomorrow is a real mod, motosliders! Then installing an aTRE (when it gets here) and then on to a custom carbon fiber muffler project. (But the modding isn't stopping there...)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Are you serious? The shifter fell off? Dang!

As a general rule, definitely check all your bolts every so often and install lock-tite where applicable. I lost a couple on my previous bike, nothing as serious as the shifter though. ;D

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Baby steps.

·
Registered
896 Posts
good job, ive experienced the shifter falling off as well within a month of purchase.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yea my shifter fall off also. luckily i was just getting off the highway, although i did downshift( to speed up, not slow down of course) for the exit ramp when it came lose.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After the first time my shifter fell off, I checked it every day before I went out. I figured it took a couple of weeks for it to work itself off. But after checking it one day before I rode and it falling off on me that day, I had to do something. Hopefully now it will stay on. If not, then I'll have to upgrade to Red loctite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts