Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a test of the camera on my way home, and of editing techniques.

Not the most interesting, but now that I know it works, I'll find some stuff worth seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKA69sevpPs

Regards
Darryl

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
interesting, hope you find some more exciting mounting points :) How do you find the photo quality of this camera? I remember some of them had the option to automatically take shots every 5 seconds. Would be interesting for a roadtrip if the shots were decent quality.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You have a fat a$$!!! ;) wide angle lens, I know
Video quality looks really good. No excessive shake or anything. I might have to look into one of these cameras. I have so far been unable to get good smooth video with my point and shoot camera in video mode.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have a fat a$$!!!
Ouch, I guess you probably don't want to see the vid I shot later with the wife!

and a less depressing song
Can't waste all the good stuff on a test video. I'll liven it up a bit on the next!

How do you find the photo quality of this camera? I remember some of them had the option to automatically take shots every 5 seconds.
Haven't actually tried the still photo feature yet, but it is capable of a pic every 2, or 5 seconds as well.

Would be interesting for a roadtrip if the shots were decent quality.
That's the plan. As you can see, I live in sportbike hell, flat and straight everywhere. I plan to take this thing to some of my favorite "scenic twisties", and burn up some memory cards. Then I'll be able to share something worthwhile.

Regards
Darryl

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I'll have to get one for the Rally. Nice how it makes the sun look like a black dot or UFO.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice how it makes the sun look like a black dot or UFO.

That's actually a large space station, that us Canadians are currently building to allow us domination over the world!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it can't open a beer bottle too you're doomed to failure.
I thought that's what teeth were for. LOL :)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Looks good. How is it mounted? I saw a VFR around here with it just "sticky taped" to the tail. Did you mount it this way?

I got a Vado HD pocket cam on saturday, and am still trying to figure out how to mount it to the bike itself. It fits good in my helmet though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKLtO8uxX8

·
Registered
835 Posts
We just bought one of these. Freakin saweet they are. The black dot is the camera compensating to try to eliminate overexposure from the sun. These also let you set photo shots taken every 2,5 or multiple bursts. I am still trying to gather enough footage to come up with something remotely interesting to edit. They are 200.00 but there are the Cycle Gear coupons from the mailers you can use. My only problem is audio really sucks (hi or low settings). Both our bikes sounded like crap in the high rev end. But I was shocked at the quality for the price. BEWARE use lithium batteries ($$$$)
this thing is hungry. Also I am using a 8GB card so you can install more than the 2GB per the instructions. As for the suction cup, I have tested it @ 145MPH on the front of the fairing just below the windscreen (on the zx6) it didn't budge.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Very nice resolution. Interesting mount point also. Still see lots to the sides.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Nice ass! :D Seriously though, seems like that mount could be good for diagnosing problems in riding form. It's always hard to tell exactly what your body is doing, and sometimes it feels right even when it isn't.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good. How is it mounted? I saw a VFR around here with it just "sticky taped" to the tail. Did you mount it this way?
It comes with a bunch of adhesive backed clips, that attach to the bike or helmet, then the camera mount clips into them. I'm going to try to find some other interesting places to mount it, but for this it was on the tail, at the back of the pillion seat, in front of the grab bar.

Very nice resolution. Interesting mount point also. Still see lots to the sides.
I was surprised how much it actually captured, considering it was only 12" behind me. A bit distorted obviously, but still kinda impressive.

Nice ass!
Thanks.... I work out!

seems like that mount could be good for diagnosing problems in riding form. It's always hard to tell exactly what your body is doing, and sometimes it feels right even when it isn't
I can't wait to try it out in the twisties for exactly that reason. I can't wait to see what I look like when I "push" a bit.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
yeah, but don't push to hard, remember, you ARE recording the ride not the WRECK!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, but don't push to hard, remember, you ARE recording the ride not the WRECK!!!
Wise words indeed, but always "Dress for the Wreck" as well

1 - 20 of 20 Posts