Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to have time to install my dual lights conversion along with sonic springs .85 kg and new fork seals.I also installed GXSR 1000 shock in the back.The bike feels like a true race bike,handles like a dream.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I adjusted the gap between the lights.They perform better then stock and cover much wider area.They have nice neat blue lights for high beam.I got to clean up all the wiring hide them in the frame.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually I really like the gap in between. It makes it stand out a bit more makes it more unique. Which lights are those?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xneos77 said:
Actually I really like the gap in between. It makes it stand out a bit more makes it more unique. Which lights are those?
Here is the link.I did great deal of search.The price and the quality exceeds anything I've seen.Beats the British Buster lights by performance and price. I went with halogens.You do need to find brackets to mount.I had it made from polished aluminum.
http://store.wpsracing.com/cuchheas.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
man! that looks great. all you need now is the Tripple's windscreen. If i haven't custom mounted the '05 screen on my '04 i'd be ordering those right now!

i'm still keeping the link to the lights [which is a great find IMO] if i get the moddig bug over the winter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow, that really does look sharp. On the downside, it may inspire me to do my own duallie conversion, at which point my gf would actually physically murder me for spending more money on the scoot. Oh well ...

Very nice work, though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
looks good, do you have any more pics from farther away? i might buy those too. thanks alot.

what size are those and what mounts did you use?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yellow Nudist said:
Holy honking lights.... I think you should add a third one!  ;D
yup, a slightly smaller one, put it right in the middle but a few inches down, then get one of those pancake (wider than tall) driving/fog lamps right below that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think less is more otherwise it would start looking like a Christmas tree ;D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mario60185 said:
looks good, do you have any more pics from farther away? i might buy those too. thanks alot.

what size are those and what mounts did you use?
If you click on the link you'll see the lights which have all the specs. The mounts are made by my brother who is a machinist.

·
Registered
50 Posts
cool deal arvan thanks for the link

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Folks Please don't order these lights.Since I installed them my bike started slowly and today it died on me.I am certain it is not the lights since the wattage is not that great however don't get the lights and blame me for similar problem.
Problem is when turning the ignition in my opinion too much juice goes to lights and not enough left to turn the starter motor or I simply have a weak battery.It is still the original battery five yr old.Today I will by pass the headlight by cuttung the hi beam and starting the bike in high beam(no lights) and see if the bike starts normally.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mario60185 said:
do you have the 5" or 4"
I have the bigger 5.25 which is the exact size for speed triple lights as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Arvan said:
Folks Please don't order these lights.Since I installed them my bike started slowly and today it died on me.I am  certain it is not the lights since the wattage is not that great however don't get the lights and blame me for similar problem.
Problem is when turning the ignition in my opinion too much juice goes to lights and not enough left to turn the starter motor or I simply have a weak battery.It is still the original battery five yr old.Today I will by pass the headlight by cuttung the hi beam and starting the bike in high beam(no lights) and see if the bike starts normally.

I love the dual lights, I may do it myself some day.

Five years is a good life for any battery.
I'm not saying that's the problem but I
would replace the battery.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts