Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this week off from work and decided to head down to the Dragon, as I've never been there before. I figured going Monday-Wednesday would be nice as traffic would be down, and it was. But that didn't stop the police, saw plenty of cops there.

I had a blast! I definitely want to go to the national SV Rally now. I didn't wreck, but then again I didn't push it too hard either. I did come around a corner on the Cherohala Skyway and there was a lady that decided to go off-roading with her Harley. I stopped to help, but another rider with her had things under control, no damage to her bike.

Rather than writing out a long story, I'll just get to the pics, that's what everyone wants to see!

34 degrees when I left NE Indiana Monday morning!

My first pass through The Dragon was loaded up with luggage after a 9 hour ride:

Tree of Shame!

Cherohala Skyway:

Right there in the flesh! The Kaneman shirt!

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Nice pics! Glad you had a good time and kept the shiny side up. :)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Beautiful 1st gen. The parkway is an amazing ride, so many nice roads up there. How can you not have a fun time in those mountains.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great pictures!

Leaving this morning for the same adventure.
Washington D.C. --> Gap --> Washington D.C. in 6 days. Here we come!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great pictures! I wanted to make the ride to the Dragon this year but just couldn't swing it :(. I will have to do it next year......

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
/me = great envy

I rode down last year from Madison, it was a blast! I'm gonna try and make it next year also!

Maybe meet-up at your place and go from there!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Nice shots..........i go to the Gap every May.

where did you get that fairing.....it's nice!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts