Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I spent a little bit of my Thanksgiving weekend tinkering with my bike. As you can see from the pictures below I went from the stock naked handle bars to the OEM S clip-ons. I should of taken some more pics of the whole process, but here is what I did manage to capture.

Enjoy!

Before:

After:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do they hit the tank? They look good! Actually this is probably a dumb question as they are stock on the SVS aren't they...haha
Guitarzan-

Nope! After all of the modifications to get them on, they work great!

how do you like it? huge difference?
JCell5-

I love it! I'm not one for the ergonomic style, but starting off with the naked made my insurance cheap!
;)
Did you cut off part of the clamp that holds the top triple to the fork tube?
Intrepidse17-

Yes I did, The bars would not fit otherwise. Surprisingly, the upper triple tree plate still had to be tapped on with a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Cool, I have the stock bars on my 02. I have taken them and spread them out a lot further. [removing those screws underneath the triple]. I enjoy being able to do a U-turn without my palms being smashed into the tank. Do you have this problem now? also, Don't you get pulled over having your tag that far back??? Around here, you'd get a ticket for it!

Also, my bar's haven't moved once since I removed those screws, I even dropped my bike in some grass [after the kickstand wasn't fully down and it slipped back up].

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, I have the stock bars on my 02. I have taken them and spread them out a lot further. [removing those screws underneath the triple]. I enjoy being able to do a U-turn without my palms being smashed into the tank. Do you have this problem now? also, Don't you get pulled over having your tag that far back??? Around here, you'd get a ticket for it!

Also, my bar's haven't moved once since I removed those screws, I even dropped my bike in some grass [after the kickstand wasn't fully down and it slipped back up].
Yeah tight turns my fingers get pinched a little, but that was expected.. lol So far here in CA ive heard that if the cops can see your entire plate (with the weight of the rider on the bike) it is okay, it just has to be visible.

if you have the pinch bolt that goes around the tubes tight enough the bars are pretty sturdy!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Guitarzan-
Intrepidse17-

Yes I did, The bars would not fit otherwise. Surprisingly, the upper triple tree plate still had to be tapped on with a rubber mallet.
Why not look around for an S triple? This would solve a couple of your problems, you could have the clamps bolted properly without having to worry about them loosening up over time AND you could change the angle of your clip ons so they don't pinch your hands against the tank in a tight turn.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why not look around for an S triple? This would solve a couple of your problems, you could have the clamps bolted properly without having to worry about them loosening up over time AND you could change the angle of your clip ons so they don't pinch your hands against the tank in a tight turn.
I'm personally interested in these.. I'll look around. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yeah that was my first idea, however the S triples do not have the mounting location for my gauges. Plus I didn't feel like making a custom bracket lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.