Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode in to work today because it's a Friday, I didn't have to take the kids to camp (thanks wifey) and it's gorgeous out. I park in the bike area in the lot with all the other bikes, and the bike looks like it should be shivering it looks so small compared to everything else in there. I love, love, love my bike, but she looks thin as a needle out there ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
i pulled into my friends' work two weeks ago with my SV. parked with the other bikes.. 3 Harleys.. his boss was outside. he owns one of them. started talking to someone about how Harleys are such a different experience than my SV because they have a "soul".. shutup dude.. ;)

but same thing. the SV looks tiny. but as Domiken said, that's a good thing..

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I used to pasrk next to a BMW K(something - 1200?) at our old garage. I used to think:"Man, that's a whale. It must weigh a ton cpmpared to my sweet little SV?" But the first time I got hit by serious sidewind I understood the rationale behind a Big Bike that punches a Big Hole in the air and fills it with a stable mass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ditto on the great weather today and the small bike. I park between columns in a parking garage, and anything bigger (Harley, BMW) wouldn't fit. I'd rather take a soulless SV that I ride every day than a soulful Harley that stays at home.

·
Premium Member
4,342 Posts
But the first time I got hit by serious sidewind I understood the rationale behind a Big Bike that punches a Big Hole in the air and fills it with a stable mass.
The same can be said for an Accord, only more so.

At some point, as a bike grows larger, the experience has changed so much a convertible might be a better choice. Hmmmm, wonder how long before they start pushing for anyone in a convertible needs to wear a helmet?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
At just shy of 6'6" my sv IS small. :(

Sometimes I feel like I probably look a bit goofy on it but it's my first bike and I didn't want a bigger one.

Typically bigger bikes come with bigger engines, bigger learning curves, bigger... well, you get the idea.

·
Administrator
11,140 Posts
C'mon man, it's not that big of a deal.

·
Administrator
11,140 Posts
That way you use your knees to gauge your lean angle and your head to gauge front vehicle distance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.