Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode in to work today because it's a Friday, I didn't have to take the kids to camp (thanks wifey) and it's gorgeous out. I park in the bike area in the lot with all the other bikes, and the bike looks like it should be shivering it looks so small compared to everything else in there. I love, love, love my bike, but she looks thin as a needle out there ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
i pulled into my friends' work two weeks ago with my SV. parked with the other bikes.. 3 Harleys.. his boss was outside. he owns one of them. started talking to someone about how Harleys are such a different experience than my SV because they have a "soul".. shutup dude.. ;)

but same thing. the SV looks tiny. but as Domiken said, that's a good thing..

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I used to pasrk next to a BMW K(something - 1200?) at our old garage. I used to think:"Man, that's a whale. It must weigh a ton cpmpared to my sweet little SV?" But the first time I got hit by serious sidewind I understood the rationale behind a Big Bike that punches a Big Hole in the air and fills it with a stable mass.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ditto on the great weather today and the small bike. I park between columns in a parking garage, and anything bigger (Harley, BMW) wouldn't fit. I'd rather take a soulless SV that I ride every day than a soulful Harley that stays at home.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I got the SV because yes, the BMW K bike is a barge.
A smooth and quick barge though.

The SV is much more fun in slow corners, downtown and gravel roads.

Multi-bike

·
Registered
247 Posts
I get the same feeling at my job, then I see that little ninja 250 with the bicycle sized rear tire and don't feel so bad.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
But the first time I got hit by serious sidewind I understood the rationale behind a Big Bike that punches a Big Hole in the air and fills it with a stable mass.
The same can be said for an Accord, only more so.

At some point, as a bike grows larger, the experience has changed so much a convertible might be a better choice. Hmmmm, wonder how long before they start pushing for anyone in a convertible needs to wear a helmet?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
You know what's small, the Ninja 250, my SV looks like a whale next to it

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
The same can be said for an Accord, only more so.
I own an Accord.
I drive an Accord.
An Accord is no motorcycle.

There's an unmistakable and unignorable difference between riding on a motorcycle, no matter how big, and riding in a car.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
At just shy of 6'6" my sv IS small. :(

Sometimes I feel like I probably look a bit goofy on it but it's my first bike and I didn't want a bigger one.

Typically bigger bikes come with bigger engines, bigger learning curves, bigger... well, you get the idea.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
C'mon man, it's not that big of a deal.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
That way you use your knees to gauge your lean angle and your head to gauge front vehicle distance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My other bike is a scooter, so don't even talk to me about small... ;D

Seriously though, I'd rather have a nimble SV than a heavy bike. My wife rides a Bonneville, and that thing weighs a ton compared to my bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was out renting houses last weekend, and the guy i was talking to look out and asked... Can you fit on that bike? Yes... she looks small but is a looooooot of fun

·
Registered
337 Posts
I look less ridiculous on my sv than i did riding my 72 cb340f....
the stock rear tire was 3.25", i put on a 110/90 18 and it looked super meaty in comparison

1 - 20 of 27 Posts