Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been around for a while now but never posted any pics of my bike. Its nothing special. A few things here or there. If you have any questions let me know.

2003 SV650 N
Hugger
Undertail
Full Yosh (Cut 4")
PCIII USB
'05 Windscreen
Suzuki Gel Seat
PWR Rad
Frame Sliders
Rear spools
Clear Turns
K&N Filter
EBC HH (all Around)
Chin Spoiler
Daytona Bars
Grips, Levers, Bar ends

Next up:
New seat (the Gel seat Hurts)
Seat Cowl
Suspension upfront and back

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice bike, how much of a difference does the power commander make. I have recieved mixed answers on that upgrade.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, its there.

Bike looks good.
Dont forget some SS lines to go with the better pads you already have ;)
I asked around on here when I did the brakes this winter if S.S. would help the braking problems that I was having. The consensus was that S.S. lines are more bling than an increase in function. Right or wrong, the pads and new fluid made a world of difference. They are touchy now. The S.S. lines will come later. Thanks though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice bike, how much of a difference does the power commander make. I have recieved mixed answers on that upgrade.
The power commander did not add enough power to justify the cost (which I didn’t expect). The reason that I bought it was the tuneability (is that even a word?). When I installed the exhaust I noticed a significant amount of popping on deceleration (tell tell sign of running lean) but I noticed that I had a significant amount of carbon build up at the exhaust tip and on plugs (tell tell sign of running rich). The PCIII cleared this right up.
I have read that there are ways to have remap at a lower cost. The ability to do it myself justified the cost.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments guys. It’s far from some of the bikes that I see on here. That’s why I said It’s nothing special.

·
Premium Member
8,126 Posts
I asked around on here when I did the brakes this winter if S.S. would help the braking problems that I was having. The consensus was that S.S. lines are more bling than an increase in function. Right or wrong, the pads and new fluid made a world of difference. They are touchy now. The S.S. lines will come later. Thanks though.
Whoever told you SS lines were more bling than function was incorrect.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the input on the PC, my bike has the full M4 system and it seems to be running fine didn't know if I needed the PC or not. Well enjoy your new bike I am sure we will run into each other around the site. Take it easy man.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
not to threadjack, but what is the advantage to one of those rads???

BTW, very nice naked.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice bike! thanks for the info on the PCIII, i've been wondering whether to do that for a while. mine runs a little lean with my full M4, but so far i'm just living with it. also thinking i'll try just disabling the PAIR system and see if it helps, it's way cheaper and easily reversible.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
<----------Definitely the '03s are one of the best looking bikes...:)

Nice bike man!

Questions...

Did you have any problems installing that radiator? adjustments to make it fit? how much was it?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The radiator did have some flaws with it. I did a write on on it here:
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=67190
It includes the prices, who I bought it from, fitment issues, etc.

At first I didn't like the look of it but now it is growing on me. I DO NOT think it would like good on the '05 newer with the black from. Just my .02$.

I haven't had any serious problem with it ...yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts