Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I up the power a bit by raising the amps.

Does 40mph in about 5 seconds give or take.

Huge amount of torque like a big v-twin, linear power delivery all the way up to top speed (kinda like SV, but instant torque and power on tap).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Snapped off during hard acceleration from a stop.

The flaw was the soft metal the axle was made of.

My current motor has a much stronger, deeper axle.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great job. Been thinking about it for quite a bit now but do not have luxury of having a garage. A couple of questions. What motor are you using now? And how far is your commute? My job is about 19 miles. Could be nice to leave gas fumes at home )))

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Great job. Been thinking about it for quite a bit now but do not have luxury of having a garage. A couple of questions. What motor are you using now? And how far is your commute? My job is about 19 miles. Could be nice to leave gas fumes at home )))

I'm using the Cromotor, 6000W electric hub motor, I do bursts into 8000W with no problem.

Went 18miles no problem with plenty of charge, spanked a few kids in their ricer honda civics. I like to bait cars and motorcycles into a race, and surprise the hell out of them.

Fabricated a battery tray and got regen working. Its pretty much like a motorcycle, I even have it on a motorcycle stand!

Regen braking extended my range by about 4%, no bad I didn't do much braking as I was mostly on the trails.

I use it more for the braking benefits, its basically feels like really strong engine braking. Saves on front brake pad wear (Expensive, $50 for a pair of brake pads Shimano Zee 4-piston hydraulic), and allows later braking and shorter braking distance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Still building up the bike the 7.5 inch rear Fox Shock is incredible I got it for $105, it really smooths out the bumps, I don't even need to "stand" up over bumps.

The front fork will get upgraded eventually I'm looking getting a double crown fork.

Downhill suspension is overkill for riding on the street but once I upgrade the fork its gonna ride like a cadillac.

More speed will come after I upgrade the batteries and up the voltage.

My controller is capable up to 132volts and 80A discharge. About 10560Watts.

I'm at 84volts, I'm going to go through my current set of batteries before I buy more.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Hold on. Is that gauge in miles per hour or km.? Unless you are going steep downhill that speed is just crazy. Awesome work! :rock:. I wish I had damn garage...
BTW, what state is that?
Not my bike, but the same motor.
Km
Running about 10000watts+

81 - 100 of 135 Posts