Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the idea from another thread. Bought a can of Krylon Fusion Black and sprayed the inside of the windscreen. Easy, cheap - $8 Cdn, and fast, done in a couple of hours after drying. Only downside, you lose visibility but how often do you look through your windscreen? Looks so hot!

Before:

After:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ya I did mine a week or so ago. Looks nice. I think it looks better then the tinted plastic. Besides the stock screen is much more stronger then the aftermarket screens.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
It definately looks good, but when my SV was an S model, I did use that windscreen, like in rain, over 120, etc etc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like it but I wanted the double bubble so I went that way instead.

Bike looks great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dfinn said:
what kind of prep work did you have to do to the windscreen before painting?
Cleaned it with windex ... that's it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did the same thing... LOVE IT!!! My reasoning was that I didn't want to drop 80 on a windshield when I could do it at home for $4.17. Krylon Fusion is F-in awesome. The screen is great.

·
Registered
336 Posts
mirrors=the suxor. the stockies are horrible! mite as well just take 'em off. That's prolly what i'll do here soon.

C

·
0 Posts
evilbologna said:
It definately looks good, but when my SV was an S model, I did use that windscreen, like in rain, over 120, etc etc.
It was raining on my way home today, and I was tucked in as far as I could go, and I wasn't using the windscreen. How can you? If I used the windscreen, I'd be looking about a tenth of a second in front of me, not really where I need to be looking.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i was also thinking of taking my mirrors off and putting those lil chrome pieces over the holes, i dont really use my mirrors that much, i feel safer turning my head and looking

·
Registered
482 Posts
cerenkov said:
evilbologna said:
It was raining on my way home today, and I was tucked in as far as I could go, and I wasn't using the windscreen. How can you? If I used the windscreen, I'd be looking about a tenth of a second in front of me, not really where I need to be looking.
+1. If I even try to look out of my windscreen,... well, let's just say that's not really feasible. When I'm cruisin' 80+, I'll tuck in, but I'm still looking over the screen... I plan on posting pics w/ a blue svs today/tonight. I'm a big fan of this simple modification to the svs. Little cost + big improvement= +1 in my book

·
Registered
336 Posts
i look through mine quite often at triple digit speeds. maybe it's because i'm tall and can stretch out and get my head rite up there. idk but i can pretty much sit my chin on the front of the tank and look through fine. i just took my mirrors off too, gonna ride with 'em off sometime soon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have a feeling height plays a part in that... I'm a whopping 5'8"(ish) so when I lean on the tank.. it's not quite the same...

·
Registered
336 Posts
yea, 6'2" here.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts