Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My mods:

M4 high sport Carbon Fiber slip on - AWESOME sound and looks!!!!!
Power Commander - Maped to this exhaust
SV1000 snorkel
Denso Iridium spark plugs
TRE Modification
Suzuki frame sliders
Lockhart Phillips turn signals
Black powder coated the passenger foot pegs, rider foot pegs, clutch and brake levers and radiator covers
Puig double bubble windscreen - Really helps move the wind over you!  Awesome!
Competition Werkes fender eliminator - Really cleans up the tail, but design is a little funky!
20wt fork oil
I have a chin spoiler ordered, but hasn't got to the dealer yet!

This bike screems like a bat out of Hell!  These mods (engine) have made a big difference in the performance over stock.  You can keep the SV1000, this bike hauls A$$!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Powdercoating the footpegs and radiator covers makes a huge difference. That's how suzuki should sell them out of the factory.

Awesome looking bike!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does your passanger peg sit against the pipe?

Mine rides right up against it, and Im wondering if my bracket is bent, or if I should call M4.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have about 1/4 inch gap. Try this, loosen the clamp where the mid pipe attaches to the headers. You should be able to twist it and give yourself a little more room by the rear foot peg. LOVE THIS PIPE!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
can you post a sound clip so that i can see what it sounds like im thinking of getting this pipe my self dont know whether to go full or slip on depending on the sound not really going to race or anything just want to add to the mod list that i already have.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how to do a sound clip. I've just learned how to post pics! I can tell you I have heard Hole shots and a Yoshimura on friends bikes and I MUCH prefer the M4. A very deep rumble that is just loud enough to get noticed, but not annoying! LOVE IT! M4 Rules!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
What does the new pipe do for gas mileage. I have the same bike and am averaging around 50mpg, not fully broke in yet. Mine is more of a workhorse but I do wish to add a pipe for performance and looks. Definitely love the black.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My mileage hasn't really changed since I added the pipe and PC. Sound is awesome though! I hated the lawn mower sound of the factory pipe. Loose it as soon as you can and you will be happier! I run around 50 MPG average. (A little freeway and around town.) I LOVE my bike too! V-Twins rule!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
drama said:
can you post a sound clip so that i can see what it sounds like im thinking of getting this pipe my self dont know whether to go full or slip on depending on the sound not really going to race or anything just want to add to the mod list that i already have.
You can hear the sound of mine in this video I made... same exhaust and same bike as cyclerider105's, its just a 2004.
Its 30megs and you need the MPEG 4 codec for Media Player, but its worth it. You get to hear the bike with stock exhaust, no exhaust at all, midpipe only, and the M4 system.

Video!!!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Definitely on the list for the winter then. I will be traveling so performance and style are a must. ;D

B

·
0 Posts
how much did it cost to get all those parts powder coated? if owning a house wasn't so expensive i wouldn't mind getting exhaust and a power commander.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A local shop did it for me for $75.00. Seemed like a good deal to me! So far they seem to be holding up very well in terms of wear. The pipe can be had for around 350 - 400, I got the power commander new off ebay for 240.00. Definetly good mods. Performance and HP is noticable over stock. I also went to a 45 tooth rear sprocket, up one from the 44 standard and I am going to go up one more to a 46 tooth. Gives it a little more grunt! With my mods and the sprocket change I was just out in the boonies and had the old SV up to 133 MPH on the spedo at 10000 RPM. Had more to give, but I need more room to run!

B

·
0 Posts
thanks for the help. i really want to get the black powdercoating at least on the heal guards (or whatever they are) next to the foot pegs seeing as my boot polish (in the military) rubs off on them anyway. now i just need to find somewhere that does powdercoating.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts