Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided with winter coming I'd start a build thread, since I'm trying to figure out what to do with the beast over winter break..It's hard to tell in the pics but it has it's share of dents and rash from the previous owner.

Bought it in May of 2009 for $2,300. 5,963 miles...I put 4,xxx miles on it since I've owned it.

So, here's a pic from Craigslist about 3 days before I bought the bike...

Small changes I've made so far. I changed some lights out. Smoked integrated LED taillight. Smoked LED turn signals in the front. Put a Leo Vince Carbon Fiber high mount on it.

Plan on pulling her into the basement in a few weeks here for tear down. Plan on fixing/replacing the jacked up fairings and tank. Thinking about buying some lower fairings.

I'm still up in the air about a color. The silver frame is killing me on a color decision. So in light of that, I'm debating on powder coating/painting the silver bits (frame, sub frame, wheels, etc.) Going to do some small things to it in the process. Maybe some new grips, tires, windscreen.

We'll see and I'll post pics of the progress!! Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, finally got my basement somewhat finished up. Painted some walls white for some better vision down there...Got my bike on the stands and taken apart (for the most part) Some plastic **** I have to fix, along with some body work on the tank and fairings. Just gotta start thinking about a color and how I'm going to start getting it to look the way I want it to now!

As of now, thinking of painting the frame (and other silver bits) either glossy black, flat black, or even the color Ducati uses on their frames; kind of like a pewter color.

Basement: before, notice the green walls..

After, notice the white walls! Everything is out of the way and somewhat organized..

On the stands, getting started..

No more Copper!!

More to come, thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the tank primed, couple small dents I kinda missed. Get to those before paint I guess...

And...My fairings came!!! (Thanks ratking!) Actually REALLY dig the color on them, might try to work this color into the new paint scheme...

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's my semi-completed bike! Just needs some odds and ends: grips, bar ends, new windscreen, new tail light...you get the idea...Alot of work for (in my eyes) a pretty sweet turn out...

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All cleaned up.

Mounted up.

Fairing-ed up

View from the top.

New(ish) wheels

Get to keep the factory ignition box, and fork lock.

Getting my new Vortex (black) clip-ons and brake pads this weekend, gonna go kinda slow from here parts-wise. Need to get a tire and paint the Gsxr wheel, thinking of sticking with the blue and gold theme from the top of the tubes on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New clip ons.

Got the wheel ready for tire, then paint...still debating on a f'n color though...

Cleaned the **** out of the old rotors, pretty nasty...upper is before a scuffin, lower is after.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Little update.

Painted my upper.

And lower.

Put them things together.

Back on

Can't wait

Bars and controls rub the upper fairing, gonna try to flip the clip ons upwards and see how the riding position feels before I get different ones. Now I just need tires!!!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ZX10 shock was labeled wrong and was shipped a 04 rear shock...too f'n big. Ordered a 07 ZX14 from Corey over at 402cycle.com, dude is legit...payed him on Wens, got the shock on Friday. Anyone needs one, he has plenty and he's an easy dude to work with.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fabbed a bracket for the front m/c, painted it black no pics

ZX14 rear shock on

Finally off those **** wood blocks and jack stands

And half way built...gotta tighten a few things up and take her for a cruise

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Outdoor shot

Took a short trip today...noticed some fluid leaking from the front brake line where the line meets the fitting. Rode straight home and took the front wheel off. Looks like I'm getting some stainless lines sooner than I thought.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been awhile since I last updated...lots and lots of personal b.s. I've been dealing with...

Anywho, got the black coated stainless lines installed with the quickness and it cured all issues with the front brakes leaking. Also made and painted some grilles for the cutouts in the lower fairings, a little "flare" if you will, because you can NEVER have enough flare... Finally felt comfortable with all of my mechanical workings on the bike that I undertook on this build and installed the lower fairings...

And one for old times sake...

Maiden voyage back in '09...with my buddies TL streetfighter (which is now all flat black and sports a 'Busa gold front end and crazy R1 frankenstein rear suspension setup)

Spanks for looking!!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, just realized the iPhone pics are mega small!!! Also new for this year is a ZeroGravity double bubble, new grips (finally) de-snorkeled the air box (sounds awesome) and new rear turn signals. Had some stupid tear drop crap on there before, kind of a flush mount now. Planning on an R6 throttle upgrade in the near future, just need to save up...those things are pricey ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts