Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine took my K4 SV650 for a test ride into a tree, so the entire front end was destroyed and the bike was written off. Rather than spend $4000+ to repair it with stock parts, I shopped around and picked up a complete 1998 GSXR 750 front end (with six pot brakes), rear shock, and an 1992 1100 front rim with 320mm slotted rotors. I then put on some stainless steel brake lines, had a custom axle made, and polished and cleaned everything up. Now, it is not quite on the road yet... I am currently having the rims powder coated gloss white, they should be done before the end of this week.

I used to have an imported Honda NC24, so I found the suspension and brakes of the stock SV sorely lacking. These mods should make it quite a bit more acceptable ;D In addition, I've installed a Techlusion FI controller, a Suzuki solo tail, and de-snorkeled the airbox. I had a Ducati Performance carbon fibre fairing on it before, but it was shattered in the accident. It will be replaced shortly. I also have a Hindle Supersport full race system on order, I'm just waiting for the front section to arrive before I install it.

If anyone has any questions about the setup or installation, feel free to fire away. It was a pretty simple bolt in, and I look forward to setting up the suspension and hitting the twisties this fall.

The damage before the conversion...

After...

Cheers
JC

·
Registered
744 Posts
Are you sure that front wheel will work? I didn't think those were compatible with a SRAD front end.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Maritan said:
Friend rode your bike into a tree? Shouldn't you have a red 1st gen SV then?  ;D
:D you thought of same net movie I did apparently

looks like a cool project... I hope your friend made good on paying for the mistake and he is ok

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zoltan said:
Are you sure that front wheel will work? I didn't think those were compatible with a SRAD front end.
I had a custom axle machined, and some special bearings with wider spacers made. The SV speedo pickup doesn't work with an SRAD rim, so I got the 1100 wheel intead. I also had to use the 1100 rotors, because the SRAD rotors don't match up to the calipers. But it does fit, with the custom axle and bearings. Stock, it will not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very nice. I hope your friend is helping to pay for the new parts ;-)

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
nice job.
like everyone said, I hope your friend is heavily contributing to the cost of the conversion.

cant wait to see pics when its all finished up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts