Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a short thread in the build forum about the work I'm doing to my SV after a few street parking incidents which left it pretty battered and bruised. It is not a ground up build, but more so a cosmetic re-do. I posted some pics of the current build, but I'll give a little more background info on this thread.

Build thread: http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158745

New parts list:
Graves 50mm clip ons
Rizoma sportline grips
Rizoma reverse retro mirrors
LED bar end signals
Hella high/low horns
Jatronx HID delay relay
Rizoma gold anodized triple tree nut
CRG gold shorty roll-a-click levers

How I first got the bike in March of '11. It was a track bike and the previous owner laid it down, broke a rib, and decided she was getting too old for it and put it up for sale:

The other side...

The bike already had a full yoshi exhaust, gsxr 1000 front end, and penske rear shock. Initially I just took off the fairings, painted it satin black, put on a cb550 headlight bucket with an HID headlight off a Victory motorcycle and called it a day.

accidentally spilling gas on the tank put an end to that quickie paint job and i next repainted the tank using a 2k clear. At the same time I installed OEM rear plastics to replace the race tail that was a patched up mess. A cab on 6th Ave then ruined that paintjob:

Another quick spray bomb and I had a dark grey bike. Of course shortly after doing that, some kids messing around on my bike (parked on the street and neighbor saw drunk guys sitting on it - and then dropping it on it's side) spilling gas down the side of the tank, ruining yet another spray can paintjob. I rode around for the remainder of last season and the first few months of this season with a primer pseudo camo paintjob.

My girlfriend leaving on a 10 day trip gave me the motivation to get the bike into my backyard and start work. I gathered a bunch of parts and equipment and rolled the bike through my apt building and into my backyard (no easy feat in manhattan)

supplies:

Process (I didn't snap too many pics unfortunately)

old school looking logo I found which I think complements the look of the bike well.

headlight bezel and bucket painted

going back together

my dog Whisky hanging out in the background

Almost done!

Just waiting on the grips to finally come in the mail and still have to install the following:

front turn signals
high/low horn set

Any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wow, looking good J.

That chain looks like it needs some TLC though. I have the tools if you need it...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Omari. It's just a little surface rust from all the rain the past month and not being ridden. I'm going to clean it after everything is all back together.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
What they said. The logo is really cool, and makes it stand out.

First gens have such nice lines, I miss mine, and am jealous lol.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to Ren20, who hooked me up with an 03 clutch perch, I was able to properly install the crg levers. Grips are temporary since my real rizomas haven't arrived yet (sidelining me from going to bike night yesterday... meh) but mocked up the mirrors and bar end turn signals. Not the brightest things ever but can't hurt to have a little extra visibility. Started it for the first time in a month, and after a lot of cranking it finally came to life... with a loud backfire which i'm sure scared half my neighbors to death.

headlight is an OEM HID headlight off a Victory motorcycle. It is DOT approved and uses a d2s bulb. I shoved it in a cb550 bucket. Surprisingly everything fit inside using a slim ballast.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
front end isn't GSXR1000 :) 04/05 600/750

1 - 12 of 12 Posts