Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Could be pretty good.

The trailer had me smiling for a minute.

I freaking hate sad movies though.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I watched it last saturday.
If you guys want to see about Canada, I recommend it. It's a nice movie... and no, it's not a tear jerker.
You guys will get to see some beautiful Canadian scenery.
Canyon...where did you catch it?...I heard it was not being released in the US

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you wanna see a movie about bikes, watch Torque!
Or what about Cool As Ice? "Drop the zero, and get with a hero..." JK.

There is a Hong Kong film called "Full Throttle" starring Andy Lau. They ride the late-80's Honda NSR's. The movie is pretty dumb, but the riding is kinda fun to watch.

On a non-related note... If you've never seen it, watch Infernal Affairs. The Departed is a total rip-off, Scorsese did not earn that Oscar. The stuff in the Departed that didn't work, or feel like it fit (love triangle between Damon, DeCaprio and Vera Farmiga: BS!), was because it wasn't in the original film. I make mention because Andy Lau was in that, too...

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Canyon...where did you catch it?...I heard it was not being released in the US
Haven't seen it, just saw the trailer and was gobsmacked! Having ridden Canada several times, I really can't wait to see it. It is listed on Netflix though.

dp

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Throw in some sexy female aliens, ultra cool spacecraft, distant planets and a super villain leading an army bent on the destruction of the universe and then I'd see it.

But that movie looks kinda lame with an overt christian teaching overtones. I'm surprised Kirk Cameron isn't the actor playing the guy on the bike. So I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Throw in some sexy female aliens, ultra cool spacecraft, distant planets and a super villain leading an army bent on the destruction of the universe and then I'd see it.

But that movie looks kinda lame with an overt christian teaching overtones. I'm surprised Kirk Cameron isn't the actor playing the guy on the bike. So I'll pass.
Was it the buddah or the blank bible pages that made it look Christian?

dp

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
The bible.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Looks good, I see it's not yet available on Netflix. Hope they get it so I can see it. I HATE sad movies, but for some reason I want to see this one.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts

Since when is Kirk Cameron Canadian.... it's a Canadian flick Jeff. Give your head a shake.:nana:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts

It looks like a faux-Christian teaching overtones to me, like a lot of films that have "spiritual" people in it. They throw the Bible in there because people start thinking about the afterlife when they're faced with their mortality; I suppose he could have looked at a bunch of earthworms to ponder any "life" he may have after he dies, but that wouldn't make any sense... if you really think about it.

I'm interested to see the film no matter what the religious views in it are.

·
Registered
601 Posts
looks like a pretty good movie to me. What is wrong with Christian overtones? Where are you going when you die? (may want to think about it a little)

1 - 20 of 108 Posts