Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I drilled out around the resignator & I've been pounding away with a 1 1/2 inch pipe & it just doenst want to budge. I am crushing the outer lip, but it doesnt seem to want to budge.

any ideas or should I stop hitting it like a girl?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know this may sound dumb, and it could be in the write up, But has anyone tried grinding the buisness end of the pipe to make it sharp?

·
Registered
456 Posts
When I did mine I had the same issue. I did some measuring and determined that it had moved but still seemed to be attached/lodged. I sprayed the restrictor with WD40 and the thing just slide out without binding. What had happened what that the welds didn't break but rather tore the metal from the restrictor

·
Registered
456 Posts
You may have mushroomed the end of the restrictor or damaged the internal baffles. Either way work at it with WD40, Here's to hoping you marked the restrictor and muffler before starting to line back up and pull out with ease. Eitehr way, removing the restrictor is worth it, even if it takes a hour or so.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
dementiaseven said:
I know this may sound dumb, and it could be in the write up, But has anyone tried grinding the buisness end of the pipe to make it sharp?
What are you talking about?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Jason the Canuck said:
Here's to hoping you marked the restrictor and muffler before starting to line back up and pull out with ease. Eitehr way, removing the restrictor is worth it, even if it takes a hour or so.
what does this mean?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Alot of people have struggled removing the restrictor once broken free because the broken welds on the restrictor hang up inside.  If you have markings showing the original orientation it makes restrictor removal easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts