Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The guys that do it in the lot where there aren't any cars, cool.

The retarded guy that was wearing the white tank top and does it on the street, stupid. He's trying to make it sound like doing the stuff on the streets is legal and that they are harassed by cops...

I really like watching stunters do there stuff when they are doing it NOT on the street.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
****... video stopped about half way through... Didn't get to see if Anthony made the call to the big sponsor... *angry face*

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
what exactly do stunters have to work up to? A sponsorship by icon and a free stunt bike? There's too many people who can do what they do, and there is no future in the sport. It's only a matter of time before everything that can be done on a sportbike, is done. There are only so many variations of the circle wheelie you can pull off before it gets old, and it will get old. To me, stunting is a dead end sport. There is no fame, no glory, no pay, no recognition. It will never have the same fanbase as racing, and I think the majority of their fans are stunters themselves. Most of the stunters I talked to have this disillusion that stunting makes the panties drop, earns them mad street credit, and leads to fortune and fame. In reality, it leads to about as much fame as those guys who ride the dirtbikes in the steel cage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
that video is like 8 years old....

so kane, teach, pfieffer, britton and others that are sponsored by the FACTORIES arent doing big things?? thats more than just a free stuntbike. the only people doing big things with stunting are the really positive ones..and i see that as a good thing!

dead sport?? i dont know about that...i'm sure you could have said the same thing about skateboarding in 97. regardless, its still around, and people are still making money doing what they love to do at it.

dont hate just because you have a desk job.

i know what you mean about a lot of stunters thinking their the baddest mofugger around cuz they can stunt...its a sport that attracts a lot of show offs, so you'll have that.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
but the thing is, they're not. Show me what the big dogs you listed are doing that are considered big? They're just doing shows, competitions, doing mostly the same stunts they were doing when they started. Don't get me wrong, some of these guys like Christian Pfieffer are really good and really freakin talented. But they are good at doing the same thing over and over. Endo's, wheelies, rolling burnouts, what else does stunting have?

Skateboarders are coming up with new tricks every year. The big names have their own brands, and are designing decks, apparell, etc. Compare that to stunting, what is going on there? Any stunt bikes being developed by factory sponsors? Any stunt specific apparell besides icon and a few no-name brands?

I'm not hating it cause I have a desk job, I'm just calling it for what it is, a very limited sport that will never be big, and has way too many people in it with their head in the clouds. There's nothing new being brought to the sport, most of the people in it are too full of themselves. Doing flamingos isn't any more interesting than doing stand up wheelies. Clapping your feet together in a wheelie isn't any more interesting than spreading them. Like I said, there is nothing new, only the same variations of wheelies and endos.

·
Registered
114 Posts
D*mnit. It stopped at Anthony's call to the sponsor for me too. What was the outcome of that phone call???

Msurk

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
idk, but the a-hole ends up ditching his team and joining an impromptu team at stuntwars and they win 1st place.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
what exactly do stunters have to work up to? A sponsorship by icon and a free stunt bike? There's too many people who can do what they do, and there is no future in the sport. It's only a matter of time before everything that can be done on a sportbike, is done. There are only so many variations of the circle wheelie you can pull off before it gets old, and it will get old. To me, stunting is a dead end sport. There is no fame, no glory, no pay, no recognition. It will never have the same fanbase as racing, and I think the majority of their fans are stunters themselves. Most of the stunters I talked to have this disillusion that stunting makes the panties drop, earns them mad street credit, and leads to fortune and fame. In reality, it leads to about as much fame as those guys who ride the dirtbikes in the steel cage.
Unless you're Jason Britton.

·
Registered
827 Posts
has anyone here browsed stuntlife.com? it leaves me speechless. the chatter is ridiculous and the mods are nonexistent (i think they have been run off)

·
Registered
114 Posts
So did the two brothers end up taking over their father's business? I understand having a dream and doing what one loves. However, throwing away the opportunity to own a successful business for a career in stunt riding seems very un-prudent given the financial prospects of a stunting career. It seems like a very immature decision.

Msurk

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm with pne on this one. Stunt life doesn't breed pretty much anything positive. Yes there are a couple of big sponsored names who do some pretty difficult tricks. But how many stunters do you hear about wrecking on the street, causing multi vehicle accidents and getting themselves injured or killed. The majority (again, not all) of these stunters make if difficult for the rest of us to ride. Yay you did a wheelie, here's a million dollars. Holy sh*t that guy did one too, better hand him a million. That's not how it works in real life. It gets old, and it's not unique anymore. Racing can progress, even skateboarding can progress, but stunting just seems stagnant. It's limited. You want to see real skill, watch a trials rider (yes I know Pfeiffer started on trials bikes, hence his level of talent). Probably 90% of stunting has been reduced to retards in t-shirts trying their best to make sure the public hates riders and that natural selection still works.

And does anyone else hate the sound of a bike being bounced off it's rev limiter? How is that cool or impressive? You clutched in and turned your wrist?!?! Here have my girlfriend you god among men.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Honest question: Is there more than a handful of people who actually make a real living stunt riding? Or is this much like other niche "professionals" who make enough to cover their costs (if they're lucky)?

For example: I know several people who are professional musicians. They're not rock-star rich or famous. But it is a real living for them. They pay their mortgage and send their kids to school by playing music (and not being a music teacher). They are "making a living".

I also know a guy who is a "professional" body builder. He basically makes enough money to pay for his supplements and "gear". He sells insurance to pay his rent. He is not "making a living".

·
Registered
66 Posts
but the thing is, they're not. Show me what the big dogs you listed are doing that are considered big? They're just doing shows, competitions, doing mostly the same stunts they were doing when they started. Don't get me wrong, some of these guys like Christian Pfieffer are really good and really freakin talented. But they are good at doing the same thing over and over. Endo's, wheelies, rolling burnouts, what else does stunting have?

Skateboarders are coming up with new tricks every year. The big names have their own brands, and are designing decks, apparell, etc. Compare that to stunting, what is going on there? Any stunt bikes being developed by factory sponsors? Any stunt specific apparell besides icon and a few no-name brands?

I'm not hating it cause I have a desk job, I'm just calling it for what it is, a very limited sport that will never be big, and has way too many people in it with their head in the clouds. There's nothing new being brought to the sport, most of the people in it are too full of themselves. Doing flamingos isn't any more interesting than doing stand up wheelies. Clapping your feet together in a wheelie isn't any more interesting than spreading them. Like I said, there is nothing new, only the same variations of wheelies and endos.
obviously you dont know enough about the sport to know who does what. New tricks are made up EVERY year. The sport progresses every year.

jason britton has his own tv show. shop. stunt team. wrote for a magazine.

kane is sponsored by kawasaki....KAWASAKI.... hes making bank. he's in magazines. parts catalouges.

i can understand if its not your thing...but if you arent informed as to what your speaking about...you shouldnt speak.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Honest question: Is there more than a handful of people who actually make a real living stunt riding? Or is this much like other niche "professionals" who make enough to cover their costs (if they're lucky)?

For example: I know several people who are professional musicians. They're not rock-star rich or famous. But it is a real living for them. They pay their mortgage and send their kids to school by playing music (and not being a music teacher). They are "making a living".

I also know a guy who is a "professional" body builder. He basically makes enough money to pay for his supplements and "gear". He sells insurance to pay his rent. He is not "making a living".
there are a good amount of stunters who do solely that, and make ******* money!!!! The biggest crews and riders are mostly from the states, as we pretty much own the stunt scene.

ever heard of darius kashabi? that mofugger is making money! theres a lot of top level riders that solely do that. Teach McNeil quit his job as a teacher to move to cali and be a full time rider sponsored by BMW.

other riders that arent so big can supplement their income with it. and depending how much they ride can make a good amount. i know most make around 100 an hour for local shows. etc.

and whoever asked. . . the brunelles are still stunting. i think one may have stopped..and the other lost a finger to a twelve bar.

I dont know. I dont think you guys should knock the sport so hard. theres a lot of people doing a lot of good things with it and helping sportbikes popularity grow. and no one can say they arent good riders...cuz you can clearly see the control it takes to do this stuff.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
maybe they arent in it to make bank or become pro..... maybe its just fun? I mean thats why we ride motorcycles right? I highly doubt any of use will get hooked up with suzuki because we ride to work everyday.....

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I dont know. I dont think you guys should knock the sport so hard. theres a lot of people doing a lot of good things with it and helping sportbikes popularity grow. and no one can say they arent good riders...cuz you can clearly see the control it takes to do this stuff.
Hey, I'll be the first to stay it, welcome to SVR. Stunting is generally a no no here. This forum is made up of holier than though full gear wearing safety nazi's who never break laws. The ignorance and closed minded attitudes results in the same reactions to certain topics, this being one of them. You're right, in general the members here do not really know whats going on (nor do they ever care to). But don't bother trying to convince anyone otherwise, ya won't get anywhere.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts