Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if it was possible to change from mph to KM'hr.

My book says its possible but doesn't tell you how.

I am running a canadian sv650S.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im not sure how to change it on the bike but I got a speedo healer to correct my speedo and it will allow you to switch it over if you want

·
Registered
21 Posts
With engine running or just with the key to the on position, have odometer showing (not A or B trip), press and hold down the ADJ button. You can switch back and forth between MPH and KPH.

Cageless...

Babbsy said:
Just wanted to know if it was possible to change from mph to KM'hr.

My book says its possible but doesn't tell you how.

I am running a canadian sv650S.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did this trick work for you Babbsy or anyone else? I tried this on my 2k3 sv1000s and there was no change in the speedo's scale. It is very distracting doing the math south of the border because, the only time you care is when you spot a cop. Is there something I'm missing that was not listed above or is there a different trick for the 2003 sv1000s. I'm not really interested in a speedo healer.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, this doesn't work

As far as I (or anyone else) can tell there is no way to switch it on the Canadian SVs

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Go to your dealer and bend an elbow or two over there.

This is something that doesn't cost them a dime and should help you establish a relationship with them.

Forget sales ... most are idiots, note that I said most!
Service ought to know what is going one and do it if it is possible.

It does not make sense to me that they have two separate instrument clusters when all it is
a firmware setting.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I heard they are different, can't change the Canadian ones. EBAY, buy a set from the states. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya i picked a few salesmen's brains with very little luck. I'm to the point bringing it in to get them to do it before a trip south. It can't be more then removing a wire or flipping a dip switch. as "Currently" said it's firmware issue. you can change it on the skidoo by removing a wire.

Well if I find a way I will post it.

Till then I will have to get better at my math. 1 mile is 1.61 km , 2 miles is 3.22 kms. I may be awhile.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I grew up on the Canadian border so my math is backwards from yours ..

What I did was memorize 100kmh is 62mph, 50kmh is 31mph and that took care of 90% of the driving.

In the US, if you are doing 30 in a 25mph, they usually won't bother you unless it is a School Zone.

Basic speed limits are 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 ... so if you just memorize those two .. and go a little over or a little under, you are safe.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
my speedometer has both mph and kph circles are not canadian speedos the same? just a reverse with kph on the outer and mph on the inner?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
my bad, forgot 2nd gens have digital speedos, should be a way to reset, I can set my cheepo sigma bike speedo to display either

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
RandyO, the Canadians are saying that their firmware does not allow them to switch
between Kph and Mph like ours do ... second gens that is.

Doesn't make sense to me why ... it is only a firmware issue ... wtf?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
maybe easiest fix is a Sigma

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep....seems us Canadians cannot switch our speedos.

I have tried a bunch of times on my 03......even spent a few minutes today trying get it to work. No luck of course.

Seems kinda stupid that the US and Canadian speedos would be different.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Our British friends across the pond must be the same as the Canadian speedometers ...
It does not make any sense that it is not included, it is not like it is costing them anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts