1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I used the arm band that came with my I River unit to mount it onto the brake reservior.

It's been tested up to 130mph and is easy to adjust all controls while moving or stopped.

:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nexus242 said:
I used the arm band that came with my I River unit to mount it onto the brake reservior.   

It's been tested up to 130mph and is easy to adjust all controls while moving or stopped. 

Where did you get that unit, and how many songs does it hold

·
Registered
571 Posts
i have the same mp3 player nex has. it is an iRiver and you can get them at any store like best buy or circuit city. you can also get them in different memory sizes from 256k to over 1Mb.

it has a built in FM reciever and voice recording too.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i mount mine around my neck with a lanyard. Looks wierd because you see a blue thingy flailing behind me at night.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
schultzboy said:
i have the same mp3 player nex has. it is an iRiver and you can get them at any store like best buy or circuit city. you can also get them in different memory sizes from 256k to over 1Mb.

it has a built in FM reciever and voice recording too.
Yep I have the 512mb (holds 100) wish I had gone to the 1GB verision now. But it works awesome so screw iPod. :)

correction: Yes I should have typed 1GB, that's the one I wanted . Thanks for pointing out my error.

G

·
Jon, the RAM mounts are great, I have one for my Dell Axim PDA for my bike and it works great.

On the earphones, I'd take a look at earphones that go in the ear canal. There have been a few threads lately on these. Do a search. You need something to block the wind noise to get really good audio while riding.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you get a hard drive based unit you will be better off with it in your pocket or tank bag. The vibrations can be bad for the hard drives. Best to get a flash memory based system if you want to mount it on the bike. I run a little Lyra that you can velco just about anywhere.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's why I just playlist and keep it on me with the song flipper cord clipped outside. Not to mention rain, the possibility of crashing, etc. At least on me it has a chance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My tank bag has a map window, so I just shove my iPod in there.

The controls on the iPod are great so I can control everything with my gloves on while riding or stopped.

I think the map window is better than a ram mount, mostly because it's waterproof.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
since were on the subject, you all know how to get ipod cheaper than msrp right? you could go ebay or order them from apple.  the apple way to me is better since it has free engraving and free ship.  in order to get those labrats at apple to give you a discount, go to the apple website - not the nano or ipod or mac or any store website- and navigate into education.  somewhere it will say save big with education or something like that, click it, find school, sign up and order your ipods at 10%off.  also, they might give you some crap about only being able to order limited amounts. haha not.  I have ordered atleast 2 30gb ipods and 8 2gb nanos this way all on the same acct.

that was the old way.  now, i have crafty new ways to get dirt cheap ipod nanos.   ;D

edit: btw, even when i did sell those things; i never did have one or want one. lol?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
id rather put mine inside my jacket and then zip my jacket up, just make a cool playlist that doesnt suck and you don't have to worry about changing songs, i dont trust having it chilling like that on the bike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.