Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making the big move from the fun and sun of Sothern Cali to the bugs and humitity of VA. I plan to continue to race with CCS. Looks like CCS ME runs VIR, Summit, Corlina ETC. Any good trackday outfits to hook up with to get some laps in before my races.

Also, what else should I be thinking about when racing these tracks. I think rain tires for one. any others? Used to racing in desert condidtions . HOT AND DRY, or COLD and DRY.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I really have mixed emotions about coming out but as there is nothing I can due about there is no point in dwelling on it. Hope to get a chance to meet some of you. Ill be out in Norfolk Va Beach and plan to stay on the east coast for at least (EVER).

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I like Carolina. Lots of variety, tight corners, bowl turn, fast sweeper, and hard braking points (and it's close to my house). I think it's a great track to learn on. Roebling is my least favorite SE track.

·
Registered
480 Posts
you could race ccs and wera. you're within easy driving distance from summit and vir, and it wouldn't be impossible to drive to beaverun. you're actually even within driving distance to road atlanta. during the cold months you could make the trip down to jennings as well. some trackday orgs you should look into are nesba, team promotion and sportbiketracktime. i ride with all 3 and race both ccs and wera.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You won't be that far from VIR...very nice track, surface, run off, AMA runs there too. I believe Roebling is being repaved this summer. Summit is fun and yeah, get some rains. WERA laps the beaver and that's a good track but that's prolly 8-9 hrs for ya. Welcome to the east coast too, and let us know when you get here and hopefully we'll see ya at a CCS event.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts