Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my footpeg broke when I dumped my bike not too long ago.

I got a new woodcraft shiftpeg as replacement.
Can someone tell me what tools I need to get the old peg off?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Is it just held on by that ring? They sell special pliers for those that fit those little holes and open it when you squeeze...maybe at autozone or sears? All I know is I have a set in my box but I got them from my dad who is an auto mechanic so I don't know where to get them...pin should just tap out after that I would think...

Also don't know if I i answered it your Q...I have the spirits in me :D

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
You'll need snap ring pliers to remove that snap ring.

Parts Diagram

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevermind, turns out woodcraft sent me wrong one. Oem will only go with Oem shifter peg. Well now I know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mcbandit said:
Nevermind, turns out woodcraft sent me wrong one. Oem will only go with Oem shifter peg. Well now I know.
Which shifter did you order from woodcraft? I just got new shifter and brake levers from them, are you positive they don't fit on OEM? I haven't tried installing them yet but I thought they could be used as an OEM replacement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
GZD03S said:
mcbandit said:
Which shifter did you order from woodcraft? I just got new shifter and brake levers from them, are you positive they don't fit on OEM? I haven't tried installing them yet but I thought they could be used as an OEM replacement.
The '04+ stock rearsets are different from the '03.

'03 - shift pedal rotates around and is held on by the foot peg. The woodcraft pedals are compatable.

'04+ - shift pedal rotates around its own post, so aftermarket pedals will not fit...unless you replace the entire rearset plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts