Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was accidentaly sent race skins for an '04 GSXR 750. I've always liked the look of this gen bodywork, so I'll give mounting this shit a try. Anyone ever do this? Need tips...so far I tried sliding on the tail but the two front mounting holes don't reach.

:cry:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i got the tail to slide on perfectly without any modifications to the subframe or undertray...mounting holes still dont reach but i can fabricate something simple for that.

on to upper and lower :evil:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
just wondering... why didnt you send it back and get correct bodywork?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it took 2 months for the company to get me this bodywork via a groupbuy. i dont feel like waiting another 2 months to get it replaced.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
what company? two months.. for the wrong bodywork. I will make a note NOT to buy from them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still working on it...

...and yes the undertray fits perfectly inside the tail, i was just too lazy to put it back inside after adjusting the tail some.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

heading to home depot a little later to see if i can get some stuff to help fabricate some type of mounting kit for the upper and lower pieces. the only things holding it in place are the car jacks which is why it looks a little funny.

will most likely need to shave some of the upper fairing on the left and right sides to allow more room for the clip ons, and also shave a little off of the lower fairing to make more room for the shift rod.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
ditch the black side covers.. they look funny with the gsxr tail. :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Dude keep it that primered color or whatever it is, I like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think that is the most awsome looking thing i have ever seen. if u get one of those vortex race fairing bracket things, do you think u could put that onto a naked for the track?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nickabeans said:
i think that is the most awsome looking thing i have ever seen. if u get one of those vortex race fairing bracket things, do you think u could put that onto a naked for the track?
That's actually exactly what I'm doing, except I'm using a GP Tech fairing stay instead of the Vortex.

I already ordered paint, sorry fellas. 8)

I'm going to paint the upper and tail the same blue as the tank, and paint the lower black.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts